Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellowfin Tuna - Offshore November / Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got mine in the mail! I’m ready

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      Perdido

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        ?
        We had a "memorable" trip to Perdido! I think it was 8-10s the whole trip! Absolutely misserable conditions and the trip we refer to when bad conditions come up!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
          We had a "memorable" trip to Perdido! I think it was 8-10s the whole trip! Absolutely misserable conditions and the trip we refer to when bad conditions come up!
          Gotcha!!! Been there. No fun.

Comment

Looks like a great time

Comment

I bit the bullet on our final piece of home processing equipment... good timing for a ton of tuna! And deer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yellowfin Tuna - Offshore November / Interested?

Nice. I’ve been wanting a vacmaster

Here’s the 50 hr on DE that came in today

Comment

4 weeks away!

Comment

Ready to go. Need to get on the water

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                      I bit the bullet on our final piece of home processing equipment... good timing for a ton of tuna! And deer season.

You’ll love it. We use ours may more than I thought we would.

Comment

Our Captain - Timmy with a Mexican Baja Wahoo

Comment

Extended weather looks promising for the sail period. Course it's so far out, hard to put faith into much of it.

Historical air temps for the dates we sail in november: 79 high and 59 low.

Extended forecast is slotted in that zone.

I typically wear shorts and slip on a pair of Frogg Togg rain pants, if things get cool at night.

During the dead of winter, 100 miles offshore into the Gulf of Mexico, the surface water temps stay right at 70 - 71 degrees. This consistent water temp moderates the felt cold factor offshore somewhat.

Really hoping the Mahi Mahi / Dorado swing back into that 5 - 6 year mature fish cycle this year? Every 4 - 6 years, a major mature Dorado gathering occurs at any one of the offshore floaters. The class and quality of fish in this school put Bull Mahi into the 6ft length category. I managed to nail a 5'3" bull during the last mass Mahi gathering, which puts the cycle on schedule for something this year - fingers crossed.

Like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas.............this annual tuna gathering is the best wait for event, I've ever had to endure. It's that **** good!

And fishing with Timmy and crew aboard Dolphin Express - we work as a Team around the clock till it fires.

Comment

I’m ready Rob. Need a break and need to kill a few fish. I have about 24 more months to grind and i’m done. Just gonna kill fish and enjoy Saturday every day he

Comment

Can't wait till you do retire Glen. I'll take more vacation time off and Doug, you and I can chase some fins up and down the coast regularly. Lot of species on the list, that many do not target much here in Texas. Got it all in South Texas - time to get some of this alternative stuff dialed in regularly. Big Eye tuna, Tarpon, TripleTail & Snook to name a few. We know the where and conditions that are prime to deliver......just need to put the time in to score, consistently enough to burn a few weeks dialing in the bite.

Timmy came back from California recharged. We have some serious offshore opportunities here in Texas, without running 2 days to get on scene. We can plan a few Private Charters to focus on stuff we know is there......just need the right people to fish the right way to make it happen.

I see some darn good fishing times ahead - beyond what we've done to date.
                              Last edited by AtTheWall; 10-14-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I am ready! Ordered a new casting rod for my new Penn slammer 3 8500, got a bunch glow assaults. Can’t wait to get salty

Comment

Working...
                                X