Terry Thompson Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    When I first started following this story based purely off of Channel 2 News reports I thought Terry deserved some kind of conviction. When the trial started up I started seeing the FULL story and no longer feel Terry should deserve a conviction. He was doing what half fathers probably would do in the same situation if a guy is exposing himself to your kids while urinating. When the drunk then clocked Terry in the eye......the drunk set forth his fate. A fate it seems he was destined to find one way or another according to his previous history.
    The fact that his wife was an officer, they both are white and the dead guy is hispanic is the only reason this has received the news coverage it has. If this would have been black on black we wouldn't have even known it ever happened. To quote Jesse....Miller Time.
    Exactly.

Comment

[quote=Lungbustr;13450455]
      Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Yep...drunkard

Are yall aware that another person at Dennys called 911 on Hernandez long before the altercation with Thompson?

Hernandez tried to fight Blake Wise as he was leaving and Hernandez was arriving.,
      He also threatened him that he had a 40 cal. Implying that he would shoot him. Wise called 911 because of the threat, and because he was wasted driving around with a 3 year old in the vehicle.

Once inside Hernandez left the table at the restaurant to go urinate outside the front door. This is where Thompson addressed Hernandez about exposing himself to him and his family. Hernandez attacked Thompson at this point. After Thompson got on top of the enraged drunk, he tried to maintain control of his attacker until the police arrived.

Hernandez died from Thompsons weight pushing down on his body. I wonder how much Hernandez's .204 blood alchohol level had to do with not being able to breathe as good also. His blood was taken 3 hrs after the incident, so it was actually higher than that.

The trial also revealed that Hernandez would get violent when he was drunk, admitted by his baby momma. 3 months prior she called 911 for being assaulted and choked by him.

We are talking about the accidental death of a violent drunk while one of his victims was defending himself. The media has really tried to turn the public against Thompson. Murder should have never been on the table in this case at all.

From what I have heard so far I couldn't convict him of anything.
      And then there is this, the truth that came out during the trail. You don't see this part of the story in the headlines, total waste of tax payer money.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        Things changed when the drunk assaulted the guy. Doesn't have anything to do with drunk and peeing at that point.
        I’m thinking things changed when Terry decided to confront a drunk guy when he didn’t need to.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but this is something worth thinking about ahead of time. The ultimate goal is to protect the family day in and day out, not just one night at 2am at a Denny’s. With that in mind he had two options. He could have waited inside with the women and children until the cops got there or the drunk guy left. In that case the drunk guy goes to jail and everyone goes home 30 minutes later than they wanted.

Option 2 is to go confront him when you don’t have too and put yourself at risk. If Terry had taken the former route he’d still be a hero to the kids he protected and he’d still be around to continue protecting his family. Instead he took the latter choice and is at best financially ruined, at worst in jail and financially ruined. Plus he has a man’s death weighing on his mind for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
          I’m thinking things changed when Terry decided to confront a drunk guy when he didn’t need to.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but this is something worth thinking about ahead of time. The ultimate goal is to protect the family day in and day out, not just one night at 2am at a Denny’s. With that in mind he had two options. He could have waited inside with the women and children until the cops got there or the drunk guy left. In that case the drunk guy goes to jail and everyone goes home 30 minutes later than they wanted.

Option 2 is to go confront him when you don’t have too and put yourself at risk. If Terry had taken the former route he’d still be a hero to the kids he protected and he’d still be around to continue protecting his family. Instead he took the latter choice and is at best financially ruined, at worst in jail and financially ruined. Plus he has a man’s death weighing on his mind for the rest of his life.
          Yep and the folks at the Alamo could have ran and saved their lives as well.

Comment

A drunk violent man driving around with a 3 year old in the car threatens a man with a .40 call gun then dies when someone has the balls to confront him about peeing in front of his family?
            Put me on the jury and after I give my not guilty vote, I will shake Terry's hand for ridding the world of another nasty POS human.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Yep and the folks at the Alamo could have ran and saved their lives as well.
              Boy there are a lot of computer ******es around here. We’re not talking about Texas’ independence here. We’re talking about protecting the women and children at a Denny’s. Picking a fight with an idiot sometimes makes you an idiot too.

So you’re telling me that you’d willingly pick the option where you go to jail and a guy dies intead of the option of protecting the women and children and the bad guy going to jail option? Sound thinking...

Comment

He didn't need to confront him for peeing in front of his wife and kids??? Do you have no backbone? Don't say oh here's tough guy on the keyboard blah blah blah.... I'm sorry I don't care if you're so drunk you cant walk or completely sober if my wife or little girl sees your **** because you have no class and respect we will have problems. And it goes the other way too, if I'm so drunk I pull mine out, which would never happen because I was raised better, Please choke me out.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                  A drunk violent man driving around with a 3 year old in the car threatens a man with a .40 call gun then dies when someone has the balls to confront him about peeing in front of his family?
                  Put me on the jury and after I give my not guilty vote, I will shake Terry's hand for ridding the world of another nasty POS human.
                  But wait. He was a kind, loving kid with a bright future. Didn't you see the family interviews???

Sad situation, but "not guilty" is my verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                    5 words....

George Soros backed Kim Ogg

Yep, LWL's now own the Harris County District Attonerys Office. They fired all the conservative prosecutors and replaced them with LWL's. If the defendant hadn't been a conservative white guy the DA would not have filed charges.

Comment

Picking a fight with an idiot sometimes makes you an idiot too.
                      Saying anything to a drunk automatically insinuates you are picking a fight?

"Hey come on dude their are kids around here" = "I'm going to kick the ever living ***** out of you".

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        Yep, LWL's now own the Harris County District Attonerys Office. They fired all the conservative prosecutors and replaced them with LWL's. If the defendant hadn't been a conservative white guy the DA would not have filed charges.
                        Lots of truth to this

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Well, thats not exactly how it works.....some folks drink and drive. Most have lived, some have died. When they die, they basically brought death upon themselves. Maybe didnt " deserve" it, but thats one of the possible consequences. When you expose yourself to children, it is possible someone will stop you. If you resist and fight you may be killed. You could possibly die any time you fight, drunk or not.
                          These are teo very different scenarios. Are you saying that peeing in a parking lot is as dangerous to you and others as driving drunk?

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinb09 View Post
                            He didn't need to confront him for peeing in front of his wife and kids??? Do you have no backbone? Don't say oh here's tough guy on the keyboard blah blah blah.... I'm sorry I don't care if you're so drunk you cant walk or completely sober if my wife or little girl sees your **** because you have no class and respect we will have problems. And it goes the other way too, if I'm so drunk I pull mine out, which would never happen because I was raised better, Please choke me out.
                            Sure something should be done. The cops were on the way and he would have been arrested immediately. No matter how you slice it, we already know how this ended, with a dead drunk guy and Terry on trial when the alternative would have been the drunk guy going to jail and Terry going home. You can’t just blame that all on Kim Ogg (no I didn’t vote for her).

Didn’t this happen at like 2am, or am I mistaken? I’m still trying to figure out why there are kids at a Denny’s at that time of night.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Saying anything to a drunk automatically insinuates you are picking a fight?

"Hey come on dude their are kids around here" = "I'm going to kick the ever living ***** out of you".
                              There is a clear distinction between the two. Once again all I have to go on is the news. A CBS article says that Terry blocked the drunk’s way to confront him and then put him in a chokehold. Sounds like there are A LOT of details left out there but its pretty obvious thats going to get a bigger reaction than saying “hey there are kids around here.”

Comment

How long before the confrontation had the other guy called 911?

Either way, eff that dead POS, and eff the crooked DA.

Comment

Working...
                                X