• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 words....

George Soros backed Kim Ogg

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      Yep. Nowhere in the video I have seen does it look like he was trying to kill him. He was trying to subdue him. The way I see it if someone is exposing themselves to children he needs to be stopped. The guy basically brought his own death to himself. I have no sympathy for him.
      If everyone who did something really stupid (drunk or sober) was worthy of being killed there wouldn’t be a soul left on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
        Who’s terry Thompson
        A White guy that choked a Mexican to death while his wife help restrain him.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
          If everyone who did something really stupid (drunk or sober) was worthy of being killed there wouldn’t be a soul left on earth.
          Well, thats not exactly how it works.....some folks drink and drive. Most have lived, some have died. When they die, they basically brought death upon themselves. Maybe didnt " deserve" it, but thats one of the possible consequences. When you expose yourself to children, it is possible someone will stop you. If you resist and fight you may be killed. You could possibly die any time you fight, drunk or not.

Comment

The industry pioneer in UFC, Bellator and all things MMA (aka Ultimate Fighting). MMA news, interviews, pictures, videos and more since 1997.

Regardless of intent, he held him down until he died while he struggled for his last breath. He didn't intend to murder him, but his actions do make him responsible for his death in some way-and that's up to a jury to decide.

In most situations it's wise to avoid a confrontation with a drunk, even if you posses MMA skills. I bet even Thompson can can reflect back and possibly walk away if he had to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              Well, thats not exactly how it works.....some folks drink and drive. Most have lived, some have died. When they die, they basically brought death upon themselves. Maybe didnt " deserve" it, but thats one of the possible consequences. When you expose yourself to children, it is possible someone will stop you. If you resist and fight you may be killed. You could possibly die any time you fight, drunk or not.
              Yep...drunkard had it coming. Never heard the drunk mexican exposed himself. If he hadn't resisted to be choked out, he may still be here today.

Crazy the they fired Terry's wife though....she seemed to help the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Terry-Thompson-12225

Regardless of intent, he held him down until he died while he struggled for his last breath. He didn't intend to murder him, but his actions do make him responsible for his death in some way-and that's up to a jury to decide.

In most situations it's wise to avoid a confrontation with a drunk, even if you posses MMA skills. I bet even Thompson can can reflect back and possibly walk away if he had to do it again.
                I see he was choked into submission i round 2 @ 1:44. Maybe was was practicing on the drunk guy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Traildust;13450385]Yep...drunkard

Are yall aware that another person at Dennys called 911 on Hernandez long before the altercation with Thompson?

Hernandez tried to fight Blake Wise as he was leaving and Hernandez was arriving.,
                  He also threatened him that he had a 40 cal. Implying that he would shoot him. Wise called 911 because of the threat, and because he was wasted driving around with a 3 year old in the vehicle.

Once inside Hernandez left the table at the restaurant to go urinate outside the front door. This is where Thompson addressed Hernandez about exposing himself to him and his family. Hernandez attacked Thompson at this point. After Thompson got on top of the enraged drunk, he tried to maintain control of his attacker until the police arrived.

Hernandez died from Thompsons weight pushing down on his body. I wonder how much Hernandez's .204 blood alchohol level had to do with not being able to breathe as good also. His blood was taken 3 hrs after the incident, so it was actually higher than that.

The trial also revealed that Hernandez would get violent when he was drunk, admitted by his baby momma. 3 months prior she called 911 for being assaulted and choked by him.

We are talking about the accidental death of a violent drunk while one of his victims was defending himself. The media has really tried to turn the public against Thompson. Murder should have never been on the table in this case at all.

From what I have heard so far I couldn't convict him of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said Terry Thompson will go back to court after a judge declared a mistrial Saturday.

“It has been determined that Terry Thompson will be tried again for this homicide -- allowing a jury of his peers to resolve this case,” Ogg said in a written statement.

Scot Courtney, Thompson's attorney, said the jury voted 11-1 not guilty on murder, 10-2 not guilty on manslaughter and 8-4 not guilty on criminally negligent homicide. He said all 12 jurors agreed that self-defense law applied but two jurors could not acquit Thompson.

How exactly is going to another trail?
                    Originally posted by sailor View Post
                    It's going back to trial, because they didn't get
                    the verdict they wanted...….
                    Sounds like it to me also....but it may not...after she has time to think about it...it's not up to her alone to take it back to trial.

Comment

I believe he is culpable for the mans death, and there should be some kind of penalty. I think the DA went after too much and this is the result.

Comment

[quote=Lungbustr;13450455]
                        Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Yep...drunkard

Are yall aware that another person at Dennys called 911 on Hernandez long before the altercation with Thompson?

Hernandez tried to fight Blake Wise as he was leaving and Hernandez was arriving.,
                        He also threatened him that he had a 40 cal. Implying that he would shoot him. Wise called 911 because of the threat, and because he was wasted driving around with a 3 year old in the vehicle.

Once inside Hernandez left the table at the restaurant to go urinate outside the front door. This is where Thompson addressed Hernandez about exposing himself to him and his family. Hernandez attacked Thompson at this point. After Thompson got on top of the enraged drunk, he tried to maintain control of his attacker until the police arrived.

Hernandez died from Thompsons weight pushing down on his body. I wonder how much Hernandez's .204 blood alchohol level had to do with not being able to breathe as good also. His blood was taken 3 hrs after the incident, so it was actually higher than that.

The trial also revealed that Hernandez would get violent when he was drunk, admitted by his baby momma. 3 months prior she called 911 for being assaulted and choked by him.

We are talking about the accidental death of a violent drunk while one of his victims was defending himself. The media has really tried to turn the public against Thompson. Murder should have never been on the table in this case at all.

From what I have heard so far I couldn't convict him of anything.
                        Medical Examiner said he died from lack of oxygen. Cause of death listed as murder. He may get convicted on criminal changes, but I bet he loses on the civil.
                        I'm all for whoopin someones arse.....but he should have known he was killing the guy. Then again, he's 0-3 so maybe he didn't.

Comment

I read the dead guy died something like 3 days after the incident. Which makes it hard to believe that he died from lack of oxygen.

Also dont really see how a guy who was **** drunk could put this kind of a shiner on someone.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Lots of people get drunk and or high and do stupid stuff. It’s one thing if the stupid actions are endangering the lives of others but to urinate in public ... Does that warrant a death penalty for them?? SMH if anyone believes so. Don’t know all the circumstances or facts so take my opinion for what it is: if you take a persons life and charges are appropriate than a trial should follow; just my .02.
                            Things changed when the drunk assaulted the guy. Doesn't have anything to do with drunk and peeing at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              I read the dead guy died something like 3 days after the incident. Which makes it hard to believe that he died from lack of oxygen.

Also dont really see how a guy who was **** drunk could put this kind of a shiner on someone.
                              Coma.....and a headbutt

Comment

When I first started following this story based purely off of Channel 2 News reports I thought Terry deserved some kind of conviction. When the trial started up I started seeing the FULL story and no longer feel Terry should deserve a conviction. He was doing what half fathers probably would do in the same situation if a guy is exposing himself to your kids while urinating. When the drunk then clocked Terry in the eye......the drunk set forth his fate. A fate it seems he was destined to find one way or another according to his previous history.
                                The fact that his wife was an officer, they both are white and the dead guy is hispanic is the only reason this has received the news coverage it has. If this would have been black on black we wouldn't have even known it ever happened. To quote Jesse....Miller Time.

Comment

Working...
                                X