No announcement yet.

Cable spool blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to hate it when things get kinky, lol. You can still make it work. Building things from scratch and on the fly can get tricky but is a lot of fun. Take your time and think the next step through very thoroughly before ya start. Looks like you are on the way to having a realy nice bow blind. Just remember.. bigger is better......

Comment

Here's my blind that I built out of one of those spools.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here it is for now. Got all my "studs" up and one window frames. It's starting to look better. Spent a lot of time trying to decide how I wanted my windows. I think I like the direction they're going. I'm about $16 into the project so far, but I haven't got skin for it yet. Either way I'll be in pretty cheap. We go to the hospital this afternoon to induce, should have a new baby girl by morning. This project is about to slow way down I think. She will be number 3, all girls. Prayers would be appreciated for a healthy momma and baby.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Txbowhunter72 View Post
          If mine looks half that good, I'll be happy

Comment

Looking good so far.

Comment

Here's how it sits, and probably for a while. Going to clean up and head to the hospital. IM FREAKING PUMPED!!!

Comment

Op your blind will not blow around thats for sure. Looks good so far. LOve these builds.

Not Hi jacking your thread.

Txbowhunter72 Been thinking about finding an old satellite dish for a roof myself. How did you tie it down?

Comment

See, here we have a classic case of a fool merging several bad ideas at once....this is not amateur hour here folks!

1. Working with circles AND squares on the same project....and trying to level/square it all.
                  2. A steel fab man combining steel and plastic material and expecting to nail it on the first shot. (How many times have you told yourself "if I could just weld this **** I'd be done with this tomorrow!"?)
                  3. Starting such a project with a newborn at home, or about to be.

Classic stupid mistakes that I have made, sworn I'll never attempt again, and will most definitely attempt again at some point (without newborns).

Proceed sir! She looks great so far, and will look even better next year when almost finished.

Congrats on the new kiddo, good thoughts and vibes for a smooth delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    Op your blind will not blow around thats for sure. Looks good so far. LOve these builds.

Not Hi jacking your thread.

Txbowhunter72 Been thinking about finding an old satellite dish for a roof myself. How did you tie it down?

The weight of the dish was enough to hold in place, but then I put a bead of great stuff in between the top ring and the dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good my friend! And congrats on the new little one!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        See, here we have a classic case of a fool merging several bad ideas at once....this is not amateur hour here folks!

1. Working with circles AND squares on the same project....and trying to level/square it all.
                        2. A steel fab man combining steel and plastic material and expecting to nail it on the first shot. (How many times have you told yourself "if I could just weld this **** I'd be done with this tomorrow!"?)
                        3. Starting such a project with a newborn at home, or about to be.

Classic stupid mistakes that I have made, sworn I'll never attempt again, and will most definitely attempt again at some point (without newborns).

Proceed sir! She looks great so far, and will look even better next year when almost finished.

Congrats on the new kiddo, good thoughts and vibes for a smooth delivery.
                        This is spot on. Especially the part about welding it and being done with it. I never was good at geology. [emoji16]

Thanks for all of the well wishes with the baby everyone.

Comment

The weight of the dish was enough to hold in place, but then I put a bead of great stuff in between the top ring and the dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I have tried several different roofs and all have failed at some point. The wind is pretty bad at our place. The brown blind blew 250 yards over a feeder pen over a barb wire fence and 50 yards into some thick mesquites. I rolled it back over the fence around the pen and back into place THEN staked it down

The brown one is skinned with coroplast and the other is a cordura tarp.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good! Congrats on the hospital trip! I'm with Dale. Been there, done that, and will do it again. Some of my most painful projects have been the result of utilizing free or low cost materials. :-) It WILL happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                              Looking good! Congrats on the hospital trip! I'm with Dale. Been there, done that, and will do it again. Some of my most painful projects have been the result of utilizing free or low cost materials. :-) It WILL happen again.
                              Never in my life finished a "free" project and didn't think, I'd pay double not to do that again. Not sure I've ever finished a "free" project and didn't pay double now that I think about it.

Comment

She is looking good. Congrats on the new addition to the family. Hope all goes well....

Comment

Working...
                                X