TPWD Draw Hunt Group Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Draw Hunt Group Questions

How does the groups work for these hunts? Like I see it says 1-4 people per application, does that mean each person gets that many tags or just there are the specified number of tags for the group?

Say you have a group of 3, you are applying for 3 tags, if drawn and there are 3 available you will all 3 get a tag. If there aren't 3 available tags, none of you will get one. Its an all or nothing type of application

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

What about if I have preference points and the others don't? Does it make their chances better or mine worse?

Comment

If your group is drawn each one of you would be allowed to take up to whatever the limit (maximum number of deer allowed) for the area (WMA) and hunt (such as gun deer either sex) that you are drawn for. It's based of of how many you're allowed individually even though you were drawn as a group.

Other words if the limit is 2 deer each you personally would be allowed 2 deer. Once you shoot your 2 deer you are done hunting deer. You wouldn't be allowed to go shoot one for other people in your group.

Comment

As far as loyalty points, they take the group average

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 141edge View Post
            What about if I have preference points and the others don't? Does it make their chances better or mine worse?
            They average out the points. If you have 10 and you put in with one other person with 0 points it will show y'all as having 5 points for that particular draw hunt opportunity.

If you both have 10 it will show 10.

So yes it would technically make your odds a little worse.
            Last edited by BradBryant1000; 07-12-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I prefer those that are compartment and not assigned blind.... Just my $0.02

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X