No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain has pretty well quit but that wind is stiff! I am under dressed.

Comment

Took my stepson to school this morning, took a look outside before we left had 15 does and yearlings and 6 bucks eating corn. Largest was a 10 pt pushing 140 that I have passed every day. I know he is 5.5 plus and there is a chance that a neighbor will kill him if he steps out in front of them. Cant help but think he will blow up if he makes it another year. This was right after the heavy rain let up. Yesterday they started moving around 2:00 all the way till dark.

Comment

I'm finally going to hit the woods this weekend for an afternoon in Anderson County. Football season will end tonight, and I will be going in blind. Haven't had a chance to put out cameras, fill feeders, or even plant a food plot this year, also haven't looked at my stands since May. It is going to be a crap shoot lol, but it will be nice to get in the woods finally.

Comment

4 doe just stepped out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
            Took my stepson to school this morning, took a look outside before we left had 15 does and yearlings and 6 bucks eating corn. Largest was a 10 pt pushing 140 that I have passed every day. I know he is 5.5 plus and there is a chance that a neighbor will kill him if he steps out in front of them. Cant help but think he will blow up if he makes it another year. This was right after the heavy rain let up. Yesterday they started moving around 2:00 all the way till dark.

You need to let that boy shoot that buck!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              You need to let that boy shoot that buck!

He is 17 now and killed several does and his first buck was an 8 pt. Now he has no interest in anything outdoors because his dad put him on a guilt trip everytime he did something. Such as well I wanted to take you to kill your first deer, well I wanted to take you to kill a buck. But I wanted to take you fishing etc. Otherwise if he could show some appreciation for the outdoors and helped me prep and feed then he could kill any buck he wanted.

Comment

Just got in. Saw a lot of deer driving down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                  He is 17 now and killed several does and his first buck was an 8 pt. Now he has no interest in anything outdoors because his dad put him on a guilt trip everytime he did something. Such as well I wanted to take you to kill your first deer, well I wanted to take you to kill a buck. But I wanted to take you fishing etc. Otherwise if he could show some appreciation for the outdoors and helped me prep and feed then he could kill any buck he wanted.

Sucks coparenting has many difficult levels many don’t realize till your dealing with it first hand, but on another note if the bucks made it this many years he may have another in him

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                    Just got in. Saw a lot of deer driving down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good luck saw 4 does at 10:50... hopin for an eventful afternoon [emoji120][emoji2533]

Comment

Climbed up I hair before 11:00 nothing by wind. Got 6/10 of rain last night and a ton of fresh tracks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Like riding a bicycle
                        Attached Files

Comment

Clouds are getting thinner gettin a little brighter and winds aren’t as strong

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Like riding a bicycle
                            what you did once you got up there? Sit on a 2x4?

Comment

Just had one of our shooters walk by my stand 10 mins ago, they moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                what you did once you got up there? Sit on a 2x4?
                                Maybe a transformer had blown up there?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X