No announcement yet.

fixed broad heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the head I'm using this year for deer and hogs. it's a 125gr. 1.5inch cut head.
    Attached Files

Comment

here is the head I'm using for my nilgai hunt. it's 315gr. this is a single bevel. I'm going with this head because i may have to take shots that are not so perfect.
      Attached Files

Comment

Iron Will broadheads

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
          Muzzys are a good broadhoad... but any head that is sharp and you are confident shooting will do the job .
          My thoughts exactly.

Comment

I do not have a problem with ST. I like the ST standard heads. However, last year I used an Iron Will on my elk hunt was extremely impressed by the performance.

Comment

Slick trix and muzzy is all I have ever used. Killed hogs deer and elk. Shot placement is more important. Elizabeth Warrens ancestors killed Buffaloes with arrow heads.

Comment

Magnus black hornet, muzzy trocar, or thunderhead. But I rarely shoot fixed and prefer rages

Comment

I decided to give Ramcat a try last year and I was very very impressed. I'm gonna stick with them for now. Muzzys have been good to me in the past though.

Comment

i switched from G5 to QAD Exodus and never looked back

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                      this is the head I'm using this year for deer and hogs. it's a 125gr. 1.5inch cut head.
                      what head is this? i feel like i've seen it before.

Comment

I'm going back to Simmons Sharks...used to shoot the LandSharks but am trying the new Mako's. 100-g head that should get it done. Now, these are expensive...

I just shot a buck with the Montec G-5's and was not happy w/ the blood trail. I like the 2-blade simplicity and will be getting back to that.

Like said above...type of broadhead anyone likes is just an opinion. Make sure it's sharp and flies true...

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post

Interested to hear what you think of it after putting this thing through the paces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post

Iron Will broadheads
                            I had a doe do some weird stuff last week. Was perfectly broadside at 19 yards. When through front shoulder exited rear off side ham.

Arrow went another 10 yards, She went 36 yards.

Pretty impressed on the total penetration. At 560gr and 260ft/s so deer reflex’s under 25 cause werid things.

125 solids

Comment

I have had good luck with magnus stingers. My favorite thing about them is the accuracy, followed closely by the warranty

Comment

I shoot nothing but Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts 100grain, since I had a mechanical head not open up on contact a few years back. The buzzcuts have amazing accuracy and a even better warranty. I hit a rib sending a arrow into the backbone on a nice buck a few years ago and the broad head received some damage (deer died within 12 foot of location being shot). I sent an email to the company with photos, the owner himself contacted me in less than 12 hours thanking me for using there products and asked for my address to send me a new broad head. When I received the package it had two boxes of broad heads, stickers and a hat along with a letter hand signed by the owner. I have shot a dozen or so deer with the same broadhead since and have had no problems what so ever. Due to the companies amazing customer service I will be a customer for life. Also they fly just like a field tip and I don’t have to move my sight between practice and hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X