X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
    Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Followed this as well, was not aware of equipment that did that.
    Thanks for posting that!

Comment

First project completed.

Before:

After

Comment

Looking good! How are you liking the machine so far?

Comment

Love it.

Comment

You keep posting before/after pics and you’re gonna cost me money

Comment

That's awesome Larry! Congrats on the new toys!

Comment

If you are going to run a Mulch head it is best to stay away from a Kubota. If money is not a option and you want the power to run a mutch head, ASV120, Terex PT110 or PT 120, Cat 299, Deer 333G, Takeucki (can not remember the model off hand), BC T870 or T770. If you never plan to run a Mulcher then I would highly concider Kubota and New Holland at that point. Stay away from Mustang.

The Hydraulic Presure and Flow need to be correctly set from the Skid Steer to the Mulch Head to help prevent overheat and the head efficient.

If you are dead set on the under performing Kubota (Their High Flow just does not have the capacity) Be make sure you get a Mulch head that has a Depth Control Rotor. Those are the Rotors that have a ring in line with each knife. The only allow the knife's to take a certain size bit. These are great for the weaker Skidders to robbong too much power from large bites. These are also great heads to produce smaller and consistent sized pieces.

Used quality heads can be rebuilt and last far longer then a Skidder. Fecons are nice and you can find good used BH74SS heads for under $20k. I perfer a Dnis Dimaf head as they are built with maintenance and rebuildable in mine!

Comment

You can also get most modern machines tuned, safely. The ASV 120 and Terex PT 120 are basically the same machine, with a Tune they make 140hp.

The new Case DL550B is a beast, it is literlly a little Dozer and CTL combined. It has the highest power and High Flow rating on the market. 45gpm @ 4000psi. That would be the only Case model I would own. But that is probably a $150k unit.

Note: I see I am a day late and a dollar short. You went with the Kubota. For everything but mulching they are great machines and you will be the happiest guy running it. For Mulching they are the entry level CTL, they just lack in the High Flow department.
                  Last edited by MattPopp; 05-09-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattPopp View Post

Note: I see I am a day late and a dollar short. You went with the Kubota. For everything but mulching they are great machines and you will be the happiest guy running it.
                    Actually I went with the Cat 289D3 and a heavy duty rotary brush shredder instead of a mulcher. It has worked very well for my purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      I bought this one. I'm not turning pro so figured this would do what I needed.

https://idigtexas.com/product/danuser-t3-post-drivers/
                      I got the same one.

Comment

Im envious!! Great setup and i think you made the right choice from what research i have seen and been around. Been wanting a skid steer a while now. We wear a tractor out using a grapple and would like to have a shredder as well. Im just trying to figure out how to make it pay for itself. So i could convince the wife. Without me having to run it lol.
                        Last edited by dclifton; 05-19-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I'm a fan! I had a list of items to purchase. He could have just sold them to me and sent me on my way. Instead he suggested we sit down and go over what I was trying to accomplish and what type of terrain I'd be working. He made several suggestions that would do what I wanted and at a lower cost. In the end I wound up with an extra item and spending 4K less than I had planned.

I like their style of doing business. Do what's best for the customer. In turn they'll send you more customers. It's and old school business model that still works.
                          Where's this guy located?

Anyone know someone like this near San Saba or Lampasas?

Comment

First project completed.

Before:

After

How did you clear those cedars? All with the brush shredder?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              How did you clear those cedars? All with the brush shredder?
                              It depends on the size of the cedar. It works great on small diameter ones that are hard to grub. But on the larger ones the grubber definitely works best. Push the cedar to where the roots or exposed and then go for the roots. Get a good hot fire going and grapple the ones you have pulled. Then burn baby burn. The grapple does a good job of taking the medium sized ones out.

Comment

Im going to buy a Compact Track loader for the ranch and will use it to control the mesquite brush and mowing. No big trees to deal with so probably will not get a High Flow machine. 75hp should do the job. Currently looking at Cat, Kubota and Case machines. Would like to find a good dealer in South Texas(Corpus Christi area).

Comment

Working...
                                X