No announcement yet.

Parenting again.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got nothing, when it comes to a bow....
    But my prayers, and admiration for you and your wife.
    Knows no bounds... God bless, you and the young lady...

Comment

I definitely recommend Mission bows. Several friends have done the same with their kids and Missions, and had great luck keeping a bow from 10 YO to 18.

Good luck, and all the best. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Sorry to hear of y'alls loss. God Bless!
        A big thumbs up to you & the wife for taking in your granddaughter. Worked with a guy that gave up his retirement to do the same. I have the utmost respect for y'all.
        Please let us know as things develop , there are alot of us on here willing to get equipment to you to help .
        This, just reach out and let us know once you have a good fill for what it is you need.

Rwc

Comment

Started my daughter on a mission craze at about 11 years old. Solid little bow, very easy to adjust draw length as she grows.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a bow case that we no longer need if you need it

Comment

A Diamond Edge 320 or Prism might be the ticket. Adjustable from 5 lbs to 50 or 70 lbs. Draw length is fully adjustable as well. All can be adjusted without a bow press. She can grow for years with that bow. I got my wife a Diamond Infinate Edge and it has been great for her.

As for you taking care of your Granddaughter, God puts in places and situations for a reason. Sounds like he knew this young girl needed you. Over time you might grow to find that you needed her as much as she needed you.

Enjoy the journey. She is blessed to have people that care for her.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

You sir are on the right path, enrich her in what life has to offer... some friends of ours had to do a similar path with their god son. It was great to watch him grow up knowing he was given a better path.

Ditto on the Missions , they have some great youth bows

Comment

Give that little gal a big hug as often as you can and tell her how much you love her. It will greatly help her through the trying times. God bless you and your wife.

Comment

Oh man! My heart goes out to you, your wife, and your granddaughter.

Comment

My 9 year old son has a Mission bow that has a lot of adjustment. I can’t remember the model off hand. I think it goes up to somewhere around a 28” draw length. He got it a year or two ago. It has been a good bow. I would take a look at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I've got a Yamaha 1/2 body in the music room at the house. My sons are both well past it so if it's there, she can have it. I'll check this evening and PM you if it's there.

Comment

UPDATE....
                          First of all, I want to thank each and every one of you for your contributions. It truly warms my heart. I didn't expect many replies and truly was just hoping for a little advice. My expectations were clearly exceeded. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
                          Ok, so Saturday, we took Willow (our granddaughter) to a couple of music stores. We ended up purchasing a Fender acoustic that is perfect for her. She absolutely loves it.
                          She has said that she is not interested in a bow, but I have a feeling that will change later. We will see. At this point, it doesn't matter to me whether or not she decides to pursue hunting. I have other grandchildren that probably will...... I just want this one to be happy in whatever she chooses.
                          Again, thank you all very much.

Comment

May God bless your journey with her

Comment

Props to you for taking on the challenge. Have fun and let her explore all the things that she may have missed. I'm sure things will be great with hopefully only a few bumps along the way. Give her time with the bow, maybe let her eventually try it for just target practice to get a feel of it. I'm sure she will be overwhelmed with all the new experiences. Have fun and thanks again for you and your wife's dedication on this challenge.

Comment

You and your wife our a true blessing .

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X