No announcement yet.

Monster Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you didn’t need another person to tell you......... b&c for sure. Good luck. I know I’d fall out the dammn tree stand if I seen him.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

great deer! would love to see some daytime pics

Comment

You hunting him this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome looking deer

I would bet money he's a HF escapee.

Comment

My heart is pumping from the pic's ...... not sure I could hold my bow still long enough to get a good shot off!

Hope you get a shot at him!!

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

I would take my AR to the stand with a full clip

Good luck man, I know dammm well it ain’t to hot!

Comment

Any updates??

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                      Normally if the buck is at a corn pile early season he is there a lot during the night and usually just before daylight. There is always a real good chance of bumping the deer unknowingly on the way in. You can somewhat circumvent this with cellular cameras and slipping in if he is not there, but there is always the off chance he is in the woods nearby. Usually an early season afternoon hunt is best because access is very clean and you can slip out before he shows up or kill him if he makes the daylight mistake.

I think all of us have made the mistake of overhunting a big deer. Like mentioned above, hunt with the wind in your face and choose your shots. Unless your access is impeccable. I would invest in a covert or other cell cam with a solar panel and rechargeable batteries. A cellular camera will certainly help you be more effective and efficient with your scent in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      This is the post of the year for me. I've never been fortunate enough to have a big buck to target, but there's some solid thinking behind this advice. I've often tried to figure out by looking back through the years on if I've shot more bucks in the morning vs the evening. It's about an even split. The rut throws it all out the window to a degree, though.

I prefer to shoot deer in the morning so I don't have to look for them and then deal with them in the dark. Plus they tend to come in so close to dark that you have less time for a shot, run the risk of having to get down and back out with deer in the area, etc.

Good luck OP. I'd surely lose some sleep knowing I had a snowball's chance of seeing a deer like that.

Comment

monster!

Comment

you just need to spend the night in the blind

Comment

Really ..... low fence! What are you feeding your deer?

Comment

any updates? Man you can't drop a pic like that and just leave everyone hanging!

Comment

Update

I do have a cell camera in place and I plan on not hunting that stand until I get him more frequently. I have not had him on camera the last couple of weeks so for now, I will keep refreshing the corn piled on the ground every 2-3 weeks and wait. From my experience as most people already said, big bucks like this move a lot at dark so the best chance to see him is going be right at dusk or with little light left in the evening at this time of the year and based on temperature. I have seen in past years big bucks like this showing back up 2 other times, one is the rut which he could show up anytime morning or evening chasing a doe or post rut when its getting colder usually after thanksgiving around first to mid December coming into corn. I have shot my share of bucks during the rut but I have witnessed friends, family, and myself shooting bigger bucks over a pile of corn in between Thanksgiving and the first 2 weeks of December. I will keep y'all up-to-date of what happens but for now I'm laying low and watching my cell camera.

I will appreciate any prayers in me getting this buck. I'm a praying man in all matters of my life including hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X