Best site to buy tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldblue View Post
    Not trying to high jack this but, who mounts them for you and are they warranted?
    I have wondered the same thing. Also how much savings if you add in the extra cost of mounting and balancing?

Originally posted by Stonecold69 View Post
    Bought my last set from simple tire.com, free delivery, had them in less than a week...
    Originally posted by KX500 View Post
    I have bought from several online seller with no problems.

Any more, I end up shopping for them on eBay.

It seems like many of the online tire sellers sell on eBay too. More than once, I've found what I wanted on eBay, gone to the sellers home page, & bought them there at an even better price.

eBay gets 10% and PayPal another 3.5%, so it stands to reason that a seller could have a better price, than what they offer on eBay.
    Originally posted by RMW View Post
    I ordered from here also, have pretty much any brand and or size you can think of. Also free shipping and quick.
    Originally posted by Strummer View Post
    Tirebuyer has good prices
    Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    I’ve gotten good deals on amazon before buying Cooper discoverers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who mounted and balanced them for you, and what did it cost?

Comment

I'll need tires for my truck soon. I'd also like to know about the cost for mounting and balancing locally. Do the places you have them mounted and balanced at get upset because you didn't buy from them, or charge more because you ordered them?

I like buying from Discount Tire, and have used them exclusively for the last 15 years. However, it takes half a day to get my tires rotated and balanced lately. They are always snowed under. Many times I don't have 3-4 hours to spare. The closest Discount Tire is 30 miles from my house. I hate dealing with Wal-Mart automotive, but the one good thing about them is there is a WM in every town with 10,000 or more people. No matter where you go, there is a WM close by. I worked in Huntsville, Alabama about 5-6 years ago, and there were no DT stores in the entire state. At the time, there were very few in the SE US.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Nothing about Discount is convenient. Lol. Not ours anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t want to take the time to get my tires rotated for free and then take it somewhere to get my oil changed. If I buy from discount they won’t see me until I need a new tire or tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last set I bought online from tirebuyer.com . I took them to my local tire shop . Got the mounted and balanced for 80 bucks including disposal of old tires .

Comment

For a long time I was buying direct from a wholesaler in Waco. Crazy cheap, but then I'd go have them mounted & balanced for $80-$100 and wind up only saving $100 or so.

Comment

For me, there is a local shop that is happy to mount & balance for $10 to $20 per tire. I normally just take him the old tires/wheels & new ones. Never paid more than $15 but many times $10, depends on the balancing (how much lead he has to use). I imagine he'd charge around $20 each if I just dropped off a vehicle.

This shop owner is very cool about it. He told me that, in order to try to be competitive, his tire prices are low enough that he doesn't make a lot on them. He just doesn't sell enough tires to get better pricing. He knows he can't compete with bigger dealers or internet pricing.

So he is fine with getting the labor to mount/balance. He is getting something out of it, knowing he easily could have got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                For a long time I was buying direct from a wholesaler in Waco. Crazy cheap, but then I'd go have them mounted & balanced for $80-$100 and wind up only saving $100 or so.

$100 bucks is a $100 bucks.

Comment

I might add, that a big reason I buy online isn't just price, but quality too. It seems like most local dealers only have a couple brand names to choose from. So when you look at the tire selection is your size, there may only be a couple options.

Then, how do you see reviews on those? Sometimes you can, and find that those tires aren't nearly as good as others (the dealer doesn't carry) that can be had as cheap or cheaper.

I seldom buy a tire that I can't read reviews on.

As discussed, mount/balance isn't free. So why put that money into tires that are going to last half as long as the ones you could have gotten for same or less money?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    Nothing about Discount is convenient. Lol. Not ours anyway.

I love my local Discount. They are busy for a reason
                    But will shop online next time instead of waiting on their sale.
                    And ask for a price match.

BP

Comment

Tirebuyer has free delivery to a local shop. How do you know where the tires are to be delivered?

Comment

Best site to buy tires

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        I love my local Discount. They are busy for a reason

But will shop online next time instead of waiting on their sale.

And ask for a price match.

BP

Busy has nothing to do with it. It’s the draggin’ arse employees in the bays. My local tire shop kicks discounts tail on price. Mount balance, road hazard, free flats and rotation. Takes em a half hour at the longest. I also have receipts if anyone thinks I’m not serious. It’s always funny that in the past when I used discount, they always tried to sell my wife a new tire, but I never had any trouble. McDonalds stays busy too.
                        Final straw was a two hour rotation WITH an appt. But to each his own. I’m weird, I’m not asking for a “price match”. Now if the want to do a price match plus 10%, I’d consider. I won’t penalize the other place for having cheaper prices to begin with.

So to answer the OP, give the local guys a shot.
                        If they’re too high, I’d order and let someone mount and balance. Even if it saved me a dime.
                        Dang I sound like an a hole. I promise I’m not. [emoji23]

Last edited by Graysonhogs; 09-29-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Tirebuyer has free delivery to a local shop. How do you know where the tires are to be delivered?

Mine were delivered free to my house .

Comment

I’ve used Costco.com and Discount.

I really value my time too much to buy from Discount. But unfortunately they usually have the tires I’m looking for when other shops don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post

I really value my time too much to buy from Discount. But unfortunately they usually have the tires I’m looking for when other shops don’t.

These days you’re less than 24 hours from getting any tire you want.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post

Make an Appt, puts you next when you arrive no matter how many people are waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X