Monster Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    Normally if the buck is at a corn pile early season he is there a lot during the night and usually just before daylight. There is always a real good chance of bumping the deer unknowingly on the way in. You can somewhat circumvent this with cellular cameras and slipping in if he is not there, but there is always the off chance he is in the woods nearby. Usually an early season afternoon hunt is best because access is very clean and you can slip out before he shows up or kill him if he makes the daylight mistake.

I think all of us have made the mistake of overhunting a big deer. Like mentioned above, hunt with the wind in your face and choose your shots. Unless your access is impeccable. I would invest in a covert or other cell cam with a solar panel and rechargeable batteries. A cellular camera will certainly help you be more effective and efficient with your scent in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly this, usually if you have deer that summer at your corn pile they don't venture very far away. I just feel like those morning hunts in the early season they are a couple hundred yards away and almost always know when something is not right. I completly stopped hunting mornings until late october unless I have a perfect walk to the stand.

Comment

good luck to ya! looks like a dream deer for sure

Comment

Good luck on that bruiser.

Comment

Wow man, awesome buck.

This is the kind of buck that will drive you crazy

Comment

Awesome Buck!

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                Normally if the buck is at a corn pile early season he is there a lot during the night and usually just before daylight. There is always a real good chance of bumping the deer unknowingly on the way in. You can somewhat circumvent this with cellular cameras and slipping in if he is not there, but there is always the off chance he is in the woods nearby. Usually an early season afternoon hunt is best because access is very clean and you can slip out before he shows up or kill him if he makes the daylight mistake.

I think all of us have made the mistake of overhunting a big deer. Like mentioned above, hunt with the wind in your face and choose your shots. Unless your access is impeccable. I would invest in a covert or other cell cam with a solar panel and rechargeable batteries. A cellular camera will certainly help you be more effective and efficient with your scent in the area.

Thanks for the explanation

Comment

OP went quiet and probably a good idea. I hope his next post is an LDP!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    That’s the caliber of deer you don’t share on here or the internet and just go hunt then maybe... Just maybe... Post a LDP later on.

Good luck and hope you get him
                    Agree. Guarantee others got their eye on him.

Comment

Good Lord! You Sir have been blessed!

I'd guess he's 6 years old and no way could I take a stab at the score.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd even show my wife a pic of that deer!

In for the LDP ... good luck!

I'd be having stomach cramps and sleepless nights.

Comment

Pleasantly surprised no one tried to be the smartest guy in the room and proclaim him a 4-yr-old.

That is truly the buck of a lifetime. Maybe a "only moves at night" guy getting that big and old. Good luck.

Comment

You might think about scattering some trailcams around the area and try to pinpoint where he's coming from/going to.

Comment

Wow. Best of luck on bringing him down

Comment

That is a retirement buck. You harvest him and you can retire. Not.... Good luck and good hunting. I am with you on the afternoon only unless you sleep in the blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X