Lol, someone has to say it.

Comment

wow!! Look how old he is too

STUD!!

Comment

Wow what a buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy crap that is an OLD beast! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

He will put Bowie on the map for sure.

Comment

Wow,

<---------looks like a cross of both my Hag bucks, and he is way over 25 inches wide. The one on the left is 19 points 24 inch spread. Good luck getting him!!!!!!

Comment

He looks like an elephant masquerading as a whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                  Be smart in your pursuit and do not over hunt!! Yes words of experience, I chased a giant north of Lake Buchanan several years ago. I had multiple travel routes, stands and plans to hunt the wise old monarch. After 31 days over two months, he won. Trail cameras told the tale as he knew every move I made. Simply put, I over hunted the deer. Good luck and let the games begin!!
                  I was going to say this! I have hunted lots of big deer in north texas and I think I probably overhunted all of them. I think the best advice I can give is don't hunt morning in the early season. As hard as that may be.

Comment

buck of a lifetime for sure.

Comment

Monster for sure! Good luck!!

Comment

WOW! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
                          I was going to say this! I have hunted lots of big deer in north texas and I think I probably overhunted all of them. I think the best advice I can give is don't hunt morning in the early season. As hard as that may be.

Curious as to why the morning is not good?

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
                            I Agee to easy to blow Mr Big out in the AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Curious as to why the morning is not good?

Normally if the buck is at a corn pile early season he is there a lot during the night and usually just before daylight. There is always a real good chance of bumping the deer unknowingly on the way in. You can somewhat circumvent this with cellular cameras and slipping in if he is not there, but there is always the off chance he is in the woods nearby. Usually an early season afternoon hunt is best because access is very clean and you can slip out before he shows up or kill him if he makes the daylight mistake.

I think all of us have made the mistake of overhunting a big deer. Like mentioned above, hunt with the wind in your face and choose your shots. Unless your access is impeccable. I would invest in a covert or other cell cam with a solar panel and rechargeable batteries. A cellular camera will certainly help you be more effective and efficient with your scent in the area.

Comment

Dang

Comment

Working...
                                X