Lesson learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
    Good thing he ain’t your kid I guess. I’m sure a lot of what you teach your kids is pointless as well

You just said you agreed that it doesn’t make a difference. So what is the message you’re trying to teach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thing he ain’t your kid I guess. I’m sure a lot of what you teach your kids is pointless as well
      You just agreed in this very thread that killing a doe early season or late season accomplishes the same thing. It "seems" different is not relevant

I'm glad you have your kid out hunting. I'm sure you're a great dad, and I hate that so many kids have crappy parents these days. I guess I just don't see the point of this thread. Hope yall have some luck in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        Yes really. You just explained it yourself.

I thought the sarcasm was obvious and saying that I never understood the logic overcame any doubt.

Apparently not.

Comment

..... unless you were doing the same and I missed it.

Comment

I agree with y’all that it makes no difference it just SEEMS ( I know it makes no sense) different when there is a 6 or 7 inch embryo in there
            Bonus, those are the ones you wrap in bacon.

What hurts is an early season doe who’s fawn walks out after the shot and watches you load up momma.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              I thought the sarcasm was obvious and saying that I never understood the logic overcame any doubt.

Apparently not.

I think I’m just too thick headed to see it lol

Comment

The way I look at it is this. Not every doe gets bred every year; so therefore if you shoot a doe before she is bred another doe could be bred in her place. My two cents worth.

Comment

I actually prefer to shoot does later in the year. A doe early in the year may still have a suckling fawn reliant on her, and I don’t want to lose a fawn. A doe late in the year may have been bred, but fresh born fawns have a very high likelihood of succumbing to nature with predators and other perils when it’s not hunting season, so I don’t see that loss of shooting a doe that has been bred as impactful as a fawn early in the season that may have needed a few more weeks to be independent losing its mother. Shoot her bred, or shoot her not bred, and her output for the year is the same.

Comment

Meh, shot them early or late same result. Dead doe. In some counties taking out a bred doe is actually better for the herd in that a lot of people shoot 0 does. Therefore the ratio is like 18:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had a female family member who quit hunting because she shot a bred doe late in the season a few months after she’d had a miscarriage and it messed her up pretty bad for awhile, and she still doesn’t hunt 25 years later after being a serious hunter for several years. But other than possibly upsetting someone, there’s really no difference to the herd if you shoot a doe early or late.

Comment

Does this mean if a woman gets her tubes tied it's the same as having an abortion?

Comment

I shoot them in late November because I use them as live decoys. Taking a future deer out of the population is the same to me early or late. I did shoot one the first day of bow season that had her fawn with her. I couldn't hunt the stand for a while because the fawn hung around calling for momma.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Apparently not.

It was obvious to ALMOST everyone

Comment

I’ll strategically shoot does earlier in the season that still have their buck fawns hanging around, but that’s the only benefit I really see to taking them earlier in the season.

It’s not uncommon to find twins the size of large squirrels during the later antlerless seasons, but other than possibly being traumatic to someone not expecting it there is no harm and no net difference in herd dynamics that I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                                Does this mean if a woman gets her tubes tied it's the same as having an abortion?
                                If you had put a smiley after this, I'd have been totally on board with your sarcasm.
                                Since you didn't, and if you were actually trying to make a point of some kind, it's just a ridiculous question, akin to comparing apples to automobiles
                                Last edited by HeyMikey; 12-29-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X