Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live from Woodbury County, Iowa 2019 (back in Dixon Cty, Nebraska)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome thread and pictures

Comment

— Oak Hallow

Still no deer. Couldn’t ask for better weather though, cool and almost no wind. Sounds like the duck hunters are doing well maybe the shooting will push some deer my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jack has a BIG BUCK closing in on him at Oak Hollow

Comment

It’s getting good

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
            Sorry for the long delay in getting the LDP's but we just finished getting the pics done and celebrating...I'll expand on the story a little more later, but it did not last more than 3 minutes from the time I stepped foot on the platform! Awesome feeling to get it done early on this Nebraska brute!!!
            Nice buck. Congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
              Jack has a BIG BUCK closing in on him at Oak Hollow

Hopefully it came on in and he’s typing up his LDP story!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post

Unfortunately, the big buck stayed back up on the ridge behind Jack while a young buck moved out into the food plot. The young buck eventually got down wind of Jack and busted him so the big buck moved on back into the timber over the ridge

Comment

Everyone starting to head back in for some early lunch then headed to the oak ridges to see if they are moving more around mid-day

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post

Yah, it's been 2:45 since his last post. Hope it's hanging on the meat pole.

Comment

Live from Woodbury County, Iowa 2019 (back in Dixon Cty, Nebraska)

As Wade mentioned earlier I got busted by a young buck on top of the hill in the photo below. If you look close enough you can see the tree stand in the center of the hill. The big buck was on the tip top of the ridge line playing it safe in the cover of the thickets. The SE corner of the property has some big deer in it. Heavily wooded area but should yield results eventually. Starting to rain so most of us pulled back to camp for some of Tim’s moms soup!

Comment

Doing the mid day rounds to check cameras. Thought I might show you how well the foot plots are doing.

Comment

That Wade is sneaky. He somehow got two post in before my last.

Don't know why his didn't show up when I was posting. Cyber glitch I guess.

On with the show fellers~!

Comment

All set in east chair again. Wind is none existent down here in the valley. This is the same stand I passed a nice buck yesterday morning. Light rain is in the forecast so hunting should get good. I’ll keep you posted when my coverage allows me. Good luck tater and trav.

-Jack

Comment

All set in an elevated ground blind overlooking a food plot.

Comment

Back at it in Eagles Nest after a long walk to/from/then back to the stand...accidentally dropped my vest (with my phone in it) on the ground from the cinch straps on my backpack. It had my phone in it so I slowly made my way back to the ranger to get it, then had to skirt around Dan at the creek crossing my to get back to my stand

Comment

Working...
                                X