Time you won’t recover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
    Pictures and videos are good but don't get caught up in trying to catch every moment on film. Spend good quality time with them and build memories that will last a lifetime.
    This is something I struggle with. I have 2 girls, 2 and 5, and my wife is always taking pictures and videos on her phone when we are doing stuff. And she sometimes gets upset I'm not doing the same and I tell her Im just trying to enjoy the moment with them. But at the same time when those pictures pop up in my memories a year later I enjoy the pics so I see both sides of it.

Comment

One thing I learned by watching my dad is don't live to work. Work to live. We didn't have a lot when I was young but we spent a lot of time hunting and fishing. I lost my dad when he was 60 to cancer but he was sick for several years before .. give them memories not material things.. they will thank you later..

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
        The best thing you can spend on kids is... time.
        The wife and I raised 3 sons and could not be happier. Took many pics and videos.
        We had them outdoors every minute we could and now the part of waiting for Grand kids. Hunting/fishing trips, motocross tracks for them to ride. Of course all the shooting and archery. None of it would have been possible without the cooperation of my wife.
        All the best to you and your family. Time does fly. Enjoy life as best you can.
        Because we all die. It is how you live that matters.
        This.

My son will be 17 in December. I spent about 17 years of my near 20 year career working evening shift and weekends. I missed A LOT of mon-fri stuff, baseball, tae kwon do etc.

But we always did a summer vacation and took him. We've done several states and even Alaska and the last 2 years we spend 3 days dove hunting for his b-day. Day after Christmas we leave for Estes Park so he can see real snow. We fish and hunt a ton so I hope he remembers all that stuff when Im gone. I hope to get him half the memories I have with my dad

Comment

You can never get back time, make the most of it with your kids while you can

Comment

Take pictures/videos of everything and get it saved on a safe storage device..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the DPS video of my daughter driving to work, speeding, and getting pulled over by THP on IH-35. It's funny as heck and I never will let her live it down.

Comment

A budy and I did some drinking thinking to this. Conclusion was as you age you have more memories to compare against time. When you were younger you had less memories to compare against time and that is why it seem so slow up until your late teenager years.

Comment

Memories

There is one thing I wish I had done. Most of my photos are on digital media, taken and stored on SD cards and computers. Over the past 60 years computers have crashed, jump drives and SD cards have been lost or misplaced; many were on floppy drives etc that I cannot even view anymore because my newer computers can’t read them. I wish now I had had my pictures printed and put in photo albums. The Cloud is nice and easy but at the time those little 4inch floppy’s were easy too, so were 8 tracks and such. My suggestion would be print your most valuable visual memories and put them in albums. You won’t regret it I promise. If you get lucky and live to be my age, those albums will be invaluable to you and your kids and grandkids. Take the time to preserve your memories as hard copies.

Comment

I try to make prints of pictures when I can. Also I have written letters to my kids at each birthday that I will give them on their 18th birthday. It’s nothing crazy but I try to capture what they are going through and big changes that happened that year.

Comment

Originally posted by jdelago67 View Post
                      You can never get back time, make the most of it with your kids while you can
                      I wish my father would have been able to see this thread
                      He spent most of our childhood in a bottle, and any time spent with him , was also spent with some fluzzy he was hanging with
                      My grandpa and uncle were around but both have now passed away,

Even today he really doesn’t make much time for my sisters children or my family ( kinda sad really )

Comment

If you don't have it, get a cloud storage like Google Photos. They have unlimited pic/vid storage and you can access it from any device.

Comment

Wife and I have 6 kids, 4 girls, two boys. The girls talk MORE about a one day trip to a Hawaiian Falls water park than they do about a week long Disney Trip. We now plan short trips like this versus the 'big' trip. They do grow up fast.

Comment

This is good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

5+ hours I watched the Astros last night.

Comment

This

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
                                We planned a vacation every year, something out of state, a cruise, a snow trip, fishing trip in the mountains, or Disney or something like that. they will remember the trips more than they remember a weekend at the lake, select baseball, basketball or any other sport. I'm 50 and my kids are grown, and it goes so fast, just try to have a balance between work and family.
                                Once they hit school years you have 12 summers/ trips you can take them on.
                                Plan accordingly

Comment

Working...
                                X