X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up Tim

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
      Praying for you, your in good hands downtown no doubt. Dr. Loyoka is an amazing man, and has the best Dr to Patient manners of any Dr I have ever seen.
      I sent you a PM with my number, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to call.
      Good talking to you JP. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Any schedule yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Any schedule yet?
          CT and Dr visit tomorrow. Hopefully we will have a time and place then.

Comment

The 6 million dollar bionic man that Tim is!!

Prayers for all to be well and it not clank too much.

Comment

They just pushed me back to August 28 on the surgeon visit. Waiting to see what my heart doc says about it.

Comment

Had my aortic valve replaced on May 28, 2019 with a INSPIRIS RESILIA tissue valve and didn't realize how bad I felt until I woke up from the surgery and immediately felt so much better. Went with a tissue valve because of my age and didn't care to take blood thinners the rest of my life. Never had any pain throughout the whole thing. They are doing incredible things in the medical field now days. Was told by the surgeon that if it has to be replaced it will be with the TAVR procedure.
                You got this!
                Grits

Comment

Will do a CT scan next week in Conroe and valve surgery is scheduled for 14th in Conroe if they have a spot for me.

Dr Loyalka is nice. Looking forward to getting this done.

Comment

Continued prayers, you are in good hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More prayers sent for ya Tim.

Comment

Continued prayers Tim....you still got a lotta Conroe bulkhead catfish to catch ...

Comment

Praying for you and your medical staff.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
                            I got an On-X aortic mechanical valve last year. I was 38 when they put it in. They had to crack me open to shave some of the middle wall down while they were in my heart. I’d be happy to try to answer any questions you may have about living with a mechanical valve since my valve install was different than yours will be with the less invasive TAVR. Shoot me a PM with questions or your number if you want to talk about it at all.

With the mechanical, I’m in blood thinners forever. It also ticks. Sometimes it seems louder than others. People can hear it standing next to me. I have read that some people like hearing this tick, it makes them feel alive. I won’t lie, it drives me crazy sometimes, especially at night. Not sure on TAVR recovery but my recovery was much longer than I thought it would be.

I worked in Quality Control for the company that invented the On-X heart valve from the very beginning. Best valve in the world. The people who invented and designed it are true pioneers in the industry. Glad to hear it is working well for you!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
                              One more random note - if you get an On-X valve, get the serial number, valve size and other info. Send the company an email with that info and your ring size and they will send you a ring made out of the same material.

I have a couple of their carbon-coated rings myself.

Comment

Update - Surgery moved to October 8. Have a few side issues we have to get in order.

Comment

Working...
                                X