Feeder pen help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
    Just buy the heavy gauge hog panel 16ft and overlapping them by a foot and wire them together
    They are surprisingly strong and wont tip.
    A few fence stays help keep em in place.
    No need to use tpost
    Exactly what I think I’m gonna roll with. Tks

Comment

Generator, drill, and rock bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        Spend the extra money and buy the panels that link together without having to use tpost. Easy to move and less headache.

How many do you use per pen? I’m buying some next week.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          No, nope and no way...

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            what I did to.

Comment

Lometa panel’s

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                How many do you use per pen? I’m buying some next week.

I wish I had better pics on my phone to show you the difference, but here is one of my pens that has 7 panels and the other that has 9 panels. These are all 20’ in length custom panels. I prefer the pens I have with 9 just because I’m a firm believer in building pens as big as possible (budget and practicality). I only had room for 7 where that smaller pen is but you can see that it’s plenty big enough.

7 panel pen

9 panel pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                  I wish I had better pics on my phone to show you the difference, but here is one of my pens that has 7 panels and the other that has 9 panels. These are all 20’ in length custom panels. I prefer the pens I have with 9 just because I’m a firm believer in building pens as big as possible (budget and practicality). I only had room for 7 where that smaller pen is but you can see that it’s plenty big enough.

7 panel pen

9 panel pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Thanks!

How much were the 20’ers in Melvin?

I was planning On running by Rivera custom gate and picking up 12 10’ pre made panels, and adding a 16’ cattle panel as the gate. They are $48 a panel.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                    Thanks!

How much were the 20’ers in Melvin?

I was planning On running by Rivera custom gate and picking up 12 10’ pre made panels, and adding a 16’ cattle panel as the gate. They are $48 a panel.
                    I remember it being a little cheaper per foot to get the 20’ panels. I think they were like $82 a panel. With that being said, if I could do it all over again, I would pay that little extra to get the 10’ panels and just double up..... because the 20’ panels are harder to trailer and are really a 2 person job on setup (just because of the difficulty of handling them by yourself linking them together).

Comment

We have used a battery operated hammer drill and rebar. Really easy with a couple people switching off from drill the hole and driving the rebar with a mini sledge.

Comment

Working...
                      X