2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    Surf is flat down in G town but looks like mud rolling in. Was hoping to make a run in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Tomorrow morning should be prime, with the incoming tide. I’ve got a meeting in the AM I have to make but will be out there tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

I’ll be at access #5 in SS in the AM. Gold lifted tundra.

Comment

I guess my surf fishing plans are on hold today.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by justletmein; 08-02-2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
          Nice. Where did you fish at night? (Not asking for the spot) Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          There's a little gut I like where a back lake used to drain out but it's sealed up now. I discovered it flounder gigging and like to fish it with a bright moon and outgoing tide.

Comment

Released 14 trout over 24” this morning. Kept a 2 man of really solid fish

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              There's a little gut I like where a back lake used to drain out but it's sealed up now. I discovered it flounder gigging and like to fish it with a bright moon and outgoing tide.

So they’re trapped? Fish in a barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post

That’s a really nice box of fish. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post

That sounds like an awesome trip! Good goin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                    So they’re trapped? Fish in a barrel?

Oh no, in the big bay but there's still structure and guts where the old cut is.

Comment

Congrats jaker!

Comment

Well Philip?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

What you boys think about the surf this afternoon? I’m getting the itch to roll out from Cypress around 3pm and hit surfside. Wish I could have been there this morning but duty calls.

Comment

Leaving surfside now. What dirty from here to Jamaica Beach. Managed 3 trout on live shrimp. Tons of gaftop and hard heads. Hopefully some others will chime in with a better report.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Leaving surfside now. What dirty from here to Jamaica Beach. Managed 3 trout on live shrimp. Tons of gaftop and hard heads. Hopefully some others will chime in with a better report.

Man, was hoping to hear better news. Was it at least flat or did you get beat to death?

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                                What you boys think about the surf this afternoon? I’m getting the itch to roll out from Cypress around 3pm and hit surfside. Wish I could have been there this morning but duty calls.
                                The water was slightly off color this morning but looks like it will continue to settle unless the wind kicks up. The problem with the afternoon is the tide has been really low in the evening for the last few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X