No announcement yet.

YouTube mechanic videos to the rescue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've repaired my share of washers & driers with youtube, but the most recent was replacing a taillight assembly chingadeerie on my 2014 F-150. It took about five minutes. Took longer to gather the tools needed than it did to actually change the thing out.

Comment

I watch a few on replacing bearings and seals on a washing machine about a year ago. I was about to order parts, when I remembered I had bought a home warranty. That would have been a major pain, the repairman said the bearing on mine was the hardest one he's ever worked on. I had to help him and it still took us about 45 minutes to get the tub off. Without his specialty tools, I doubt I would have gotten it apart without breaking something.
      I have watched UTube for several things. The last was how to take the front bumper off a Camry to replace the headlights from Amazon. I watched several before starting sheet rocking, taping and bedding our house. That reminds me, I need to finish that project someday.

Comment

I have attended YouTube University and graduated magna *** laude. But seriously, I have done brakes, a motor mount and fixed a dryer twice! Oh yeah and the time we broke down in Indianapolis. Walmart refused to change a battery in a 2013 Ford Escape. You have to take half the car apart to replace the battery.
        Last edited by Jon B; 07-31-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

The screen went out on my wife’s car when I was working out of town. She asked the dealer, he said $1800 would fix her up. She utubed it, pulled a fuse and put it back in, two years later it was still working when we traded it.

Comment

Jeez....don't know where to start.....

I've completely reconditioned to unrecognizable an '06 F150 KR.....am doing the same with my bass boat....tractors....mowers....etc etc etc. YouTube certainly inspired on many, many occasions and greatly aided on quite a few....
            Last edited by Slicefixer; 07-31-2020, 01:34 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              The screen went out on my wife’s car when I was working out of town. She asked the dealer, he said $1800 would fix her up. She utubed it, pulled a fuse and put it back in, two years later it was still working when we traded it.
              That's the kind of crap that makes me want to curb stomp a MFer.

Comment

I always do the work on our vehicles. One day I spent hours trying to remove a fan from a trailblazer. I was so freakin peaved I came in and had a strong drink. Watched 2 min of a YouTube video and got it off in 5 minutes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  If a dealer is talking to a woman it’s either 1300 or 1800 no matter what.
                  They told my wife 1300 for repairs. After talking to me she told them to pound sand. I changed the belt and in the next 150k none of the other things got replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Ranger View Post
                    Awe, nobody going to ask “ What’s a Henway?”
                    I have 50 gallons of fluid if you need any

Comment

I had my 18 year old son watch a video on youtube today to learn how to change a fuel pump on a GMC 1500HD. He is currently putting away the tools, he and a friend just dropped the fuel tank and changed out the fuel pump. It was going to cost $500 for the mechanic to do it. The cost of the fuel pump was $150. That $350 savings will come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                        I had my 18 year old son watch a video on youtube today to learn how to change a fuel pump on a GMC 1500HD. He is currently putting away the tools, he and a friend just dropped the fuel tank and changed out the fuel pump. It was going to cost $500 for the mechanic to do it. The cost of the fuel pump was $150. That $350 savings will come in handy.
                        **** that’s good stuff!! I dropped the fuel tank in my old 96 in the parking lot of the Delaware springs golf Course in Burnet several years ago. That’s something every young man needs to experience

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          **** that’s good stuff!! I dropped the fuel tank in my old 96 in the parking lot of the Delaware springs golf Course in Burnet several years ago. That’s something every young man needs to experience
                          Had to drop the tank on my 89 chevy 3 times. Most fun was on the side of a road in San Marcos

Comment

Good stuff. I’m fairly mechanical myself. Can fix most anything on my clothes dryer. However, I’m probably going to need some YouTube assistance on my Frontier. Drivers side power window is sticking on just the drivers window push selector. Probably going to change it out myself.

Comment

Dangar Marine, for "anything" to do with boats...…….
                              Helped me save $400.. on an impellar replacement...……………..
                              And helped me, rewire everything on my boat...……...

Comment

Oh yea, I forgot...…………
                                local computer place, wanted $200. to replace the keyboard on
                                my laptop….. Ordered the $24.99 part (they had cheaper).....utube it.....
                                That was three years ago... As you can see..... still works.....
                                It Can't spell, worth a crap..
                                And occasionally, it's says the dumbest shiz, to ever come off
                                a computer.....

Comment

Working...
                                X