No announcement yet.

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your home is beautiful! Congrats to you and your wife.

Comment

Beautiful country and an awesome home Bill. A lot of people dream but you are making it happen! Can't wait to see the finished product and to follow your hunts and outdoor adventures!

Comment

I’m here Saturday staining circular sawn doug fir flooring boards to put up in vaulted ceiling. We’re using 3 slightly different stain colors so it will have a random pattern.

Big Sky country. 1 month to elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I forgot to say thanks. Thanks!

The bluebirds are here saying hello. I swear they follow us around the property, even when we’re driving out.

They’ve had two hatches over the front door this summer, I don’t see them bringing grasshoppers or hear the little ones- they’re outta the nest.

We’ll close up that nook when we do the soffits there, but I’m planning to build several bluebird cedar houses for next year’s return.

Comment

I keep coming back to this thread....... amazing Bill. Absolutely amazing.

Comment

It’s August and 96 degrees.

Fire in the Tobacco Roots from a lightening strike last night. US Forest Service has a fire team up there.

Comment

Off to Bozeman, aka BozeAngeles for more stain, bath vanity sink and electrical trim. I’m getting used to living in the country when the traffic in a city of 50k is annoying!

Shakes were finished on north side of house.

Mantle and corbels installed on fireplace. Montana sandstone.

Hard to see, but late afternoon the solo pronghorn buck was hanging around. I learn in a few days if I drew this zone speedgoat tag.

Here’s where his, and an elk’s mounts will go. Double front doors from old growth reclaimed white oak replacing the temp door.

Comment

Bill, if you need some antler lighting for that beautiful home, look up my brother at 4 corners on the way to Bozeman. Fish's Antler Art, he will take care of you, tell him brother Daniel sent you!

Comment

He sure has some beautiful work on his web site. I drove thru 4 Corners twice today. It’s the first, and last part of the Bozeman ‘metroplex’ coming or leaving on Norris Rd into the country.

Comment

I once rode my Suzuki 185cc at 4 am with my longbow strapped on my back from Bozeman to Ennis to meet my brother to bowhunt antelope. It was freezing and I had on some cheap coveralls, I remember praying that little wore out motorcycle would make it. Have some great memories from living there! Plenty of frozen river crossings on the Gallatin in blue jeans, hunting with frozen pants and feet.

Comment

Beartrap canyon can get cold over the Madison river. BTW it’s a no powerboat area on the river. I got to train piloting in the search and rescue jet boat in June. That was fun flying through the curves.

Comment

The Beartrap area is nice, have a few stories from there!
                          One quick one, my brother and I were running around up there with our bows looking for deer. We separated and took different trails and were going to meet up again on top. A little while later I hear him yell, I'm thinking maybe he fell or something. So I work my way over to where I heard him and he is chasing bunnies with his bow. I asked, "what the heck were you yelling for, you alright? He says oh yeah, a black bear was walking down the trail towards him and he hid in the bushes and when it got close he jumped out and yelled to scare the crap out of the thing. We had a few good laughs at that one. He is a little nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                            The Beartrap area is nice, have a few stories from there!
                            One quick one, my brother and I were running around up there with our bows looking for deer. We separated and took different trails and were going to meet up again on top. A little while later I hear him yell, I'm thinking maybe he fell or something. So I work my way over to where I heard him and he is chasing bunnies with his bow. I asked, "what the heck were you yelling for, you alright? He says oh yeah, a black bear was walking down the trail towards him and he hid in the bushes and when it got close he jumped out and yelled to scare the crap out of the thing. We had a few good laughs at that one. He is a little nuts.
                            Ha! Sounds like it!!!

Bill, for the first time in 6 or 7 years, we will most likely not make it up there this year, so...have to postpone our meeting; dangit. My wife does not want us to fly during this pandemic.

Comment

That’s too bad. I was going to say “drive” but it’s over 1,500 miles north.

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

The fire in the Tobacco Roots is contained. Fire fighters from the US Forest Service did a great job in some really tough steep areas.

North side of the house is finishing up. The deck comes later.

East side under porch.

Working on finishing up staining the circular sawn doug fir tongue and groove flooring to go on ceiling in the living room. 3 darker colors plus a lighter oak which will be in a random pattern.

I didn’t draw a speed goat tag- that buck on the property will be laughing at me!

Comment

Working...
                                X