No announcement yet.

Anyone using the new Spypoint cell link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hooked one up to a Cabela's ultimate Gen 2 camera. It definitely does not work with it. I moved it over to a older model Moultrie camera and instant success. It has been sending great pictures for 2 weeks now. I will be ordering 2 more.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
      I hooked one up to a Cabela's ultimate Gen 2 camera. It definitely does not work with it. I moved it over to a older model Moultrie camera and instant success. It has been sending great pictures for 2 weeks now. I will be ordering 2 more.
      How strong is your cell signal in that spot?

Comment

I have 3 Link Darks that send pics straight to my phone. I’ve been using the almost 2 years with no issues at all. Mine are through AT&T.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          How strong is your cell signal in that spot?
          2-3 bars. Cell signal was not the problem. That camera will not communicate with the cell link for some reason. I tried it at home with 5 bars and no luck as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post
            I have 3 Link Darks that send pics straight to my phone. I’ve been using the almost 2 years with no issues at all. Mine are through AT&T.
            Same-Same

Comment

New Spypoint App came online today for IOS. So far I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                New Spypoint App came online today for IOS. So far I like it.

Is it just me or do the photos seem higher quality? I like it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I got it working- at home anyway. Usually get 3-4 bars at the lease so here’s hoping. I mounted it in a junction box for a little sun/rain protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I installed one at my place in Anderson county last week and so far it seems to be working well. Pics aren’t great quality but good enough for what I want it for. Also I will note that I have almost zero service with Att at my place and the cell link has 90 percent signal

Comment

Tagging for later. I'll want a cell cam on the next place...

Comment

I am running 2 now. They are working great. Only getting 3 bars service but pics coming across fine.

Comment

Put quality batteries in it. Eats cheap batteries quick. If you can, mount it on a T-post. Coons kept moving the antenna on mine and I kept losing signal, when I had it mounted on a tree. On a T-post, they never messed with it again. There is an solar panel that can be plugged into the camera, but I never looked into it though.

Comment

My spypoint camera was a failure last year. I had an old moultrie running next to it taking plenty of game pictures and the spypoint sent me two pics a day of nothing.

For whatever its worth, I did upgrade to the latest firmware before I put it in the field.

Like so many others I read feedback from, I had no luck trying to contact their technical support. Maybe if I did not work for a living and wanted to sit on hold for a couple hours it would have worked out but I'd rather just take my business elsewhere.

Needless to say I cannot recommend their products.

Comment

Working...
                            X