Granger Ranger 2011 Extreme Hunt - "We Don't Rent Pigs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpbruni View Post
    Gen, I have all you need camping wise. I have 4 really nice cots w/self inflating mattresses. Come snag one (you know where I live) or I will bring one for you. I also have 3 tents.

I am trying my best to make this one. Have to iron out the dates still.

J.P.
    A cot with a self inflating matress? Wow that beats sleeping on the ground. A tent and a cot would be like a 5 star hotel for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
      C'mon Legdog, you know you wanna go! What's it been, 10 years since we hunted together?
      it WAS 10 years ago!

good times

Comment

GRXH 2011 official Roll Call:
        Boat:
        Wildman
        Rat +1
        Huntinfool
        Snipehunter
        txfirefighter_04(as long as my brother "sackett" will give me a ride lol)
        DJM+2
        Dirtymike + 1 (should have a ride)
        Need Ride:
        Genevieve
        Birddog (Friday midday)

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
          A cot with a self inflating matress? Wow that beats sleeping on the ground. A tent and a cot would be like a 5 star hotel for me!
          In the last 9 years, I've camped with my boys exactly 57 times in just about every State Park in Central Texas. I learned the hard way with air mattresses, hammocks, sleeping on the ground, cheap tents, cheap sleeping bags and cheap beer.

Cots and air mattresses rock! Plus you have room to store all your gear underneath and if it's cold, the stuff underneath creates a barrier between you and the ground.
          Yes, I am a camping geek

J.P.

Comment

In the last 9 years, I've camped with my boys exactly 57 times in just about every State Park in Central Texas. I learned the hard way with air mattresses, hammocks, sleeping on the ground, cheap tents, cheap sleeping bags and cheap beer.

Cots and air mattresses rock! Plus you have room to store all your gear underneath and if it's cold, the stuff underneath creates a barrier between you and the ground.
            Yes, I am a camping geek

J.P.
            You aint lying. Just not sure how to kayak in my cot or hike.

Comment

Yes, I am a camping geek

J.P.
              I'm going to have to learn about camping, and buy some stuff. My son has been wanting to go. The last time I went "camping" I slept in the bed of a truck on the llano river for 2 days with a saddle blanket, a sheet and a back pack for a pillow. It was great.

Comment

Boat:
                Wildman
                Rat +1
                Huntinfool
                Snipehunter
                DJM+2
                Bowfishin fool

Need Ride:
                Genevieve
                Birddog (Friday midday)

gonna do my darndest to make it this year!
                i dont know if my pops will make it or not, so i put myself alone, until further notice.
                is bowfishing allowed? if so should i bring my deck and gear?

Comment

Boat:
                  Wildman
                  Rat +1
                  Huntinfool
                  Snipehunter
                  DJM+2
                  Bowfishin fool
                  TxBowHunter31+2

Need Ride:
                  Genevieve
                  Birddog (Friday midday)

Comment

Going to have Arthroscopic Knee surgery 3 days before, but I ain't missing it. Going to rehab the knee on the run with some pigs! Also, going to bring the bay boat this time. 2 past years of cranking outboards that don't work, almost getting capsized by some futher Mucker last year going too fast past me and bailing leaking flat-bottoms ain't going to happen this year! Hopefully the river comes up quite a bit before the hunt so my lower unit stays intact. Danny or anyone else have a GPS track they can send me from the lake to avoid the stumps?

Boat:
                    Wildman
                    Rat +1
                    Huntinfool
                    Snipehunter
                    DJM+2
                    Bowfishin fool
                    TxBowHunter31+2
                    Sackett + 2-4

Need Ride:
                    TXFirefighter_04 (My Beatch arse is going to be bumming from my Brother )
                    Genevieve
                    Birddog (Friday midday)

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boat:
                      Wildman
                      Rat +1
                      Huntinfool
                      Snipehunter
                      DJM+2
                      txbowhunter31+2
                      sackett +2-4
                      paintman and gg..gg..gg. grinder boy plus 3 maybe
                      Need Ride:
                      Genevieve
                      Birddog (Friday midday)
                      Last edited by paintman; 01-06-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                        Yep, good times for sure! 7hanks for that, been awhile since I read that live hunt.

Originally posted by bowfishin fool
                        gonna do my darndest to make it this year!
                        i dont know if my pops will make it or not, so i put myself alone, until further notice.
                        is bowfishing allowed? if so should i bring my deck and gear?
                        We always make plans for this kind of stuff but never end up actually doing it. Usually too dang tired from chasing pigs to bowfish all night. Maybe we can drum up enough interest on this thread to make bringing a bowfishing rig a good time.

So what do y'all say, will enough people want to bowfishat night to get bowfishin fool to bring his deck and rigs?

Comment

Boat:
                          Wildman
                          Rat +1
                          Huntinfool
                          Snipehunter
                          DJM+2
                          bowfishin fool
                          txbowhunter31+2
                          sackett +2-4
                          paintman and gg..gg..gg. grinder boy plus 3 maybe
                          Possum

Need Ride:
                          Genevieve
                          Birddog (Friday midday)

23 through page 2, not bad; I may need to sharpen the chain on the ol' saw if this keeps up!
                          Last edited by Rat; 01-06-2011, 10:01 PM. Reason: add bowfishin fool back to the list, done Brutha!

Comment

Rat it doesnt look like i made it on your current list.... could you repost with me on there?

Comment

crodd where you at?i wanna eat again this year

Comment

Rat/Wildman, how would you feel about me making this one and bringing a guy from a show I shoot for to film this for an episode? We are looking for some off season shoots to do and I think this would be something you don't see every day on the outdoor networks. I wouldn't want to even think about it if y'all were opposed to it though. Shoot me a PM if you would please.

Comment

Working...
                                X