Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeeeeeeee hooooooog!!!

Comment

Posted an out for the unhealthy and they still seem to be sprouting chicken feathers

Comment

I am going to do everything in my power to make it this year. I have my own boat and can take extra's.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
          Posted an out for the unhealthy and they still seem to be sprouting chicken feathers
          I'll be there, with a bag of candy bars

Comment

The Granger Gorilla likes peanut butter cups

Comment

YEEEEEEEE HOOOOOOOG!!!

Time to pay the piper all you wannabes: wanna earn your stripes, chase pigs at Granger, participate in the X-TREME HUNT? All you gotta do is show up! I hear, "I wish I could make it", "Maybe next year", "It's too cold", "My wife has a birthday", "I'm too much of a wimp"! Well, for those of us not afraid to dance, the time has come, pull on the boots, saddle the horses and GET IT ON; the rest of you need to polish off the excuses...

Minimum Requirements:
              No Food!
              Type II (Annual Hunting Permit, Public Hunting Permit all the same thing)
              Valid Texas Hunting License
              144 square inches of Blaze Orange back and chest, plus a Blaze Orange lid
              Socks (two pair per day)
              Bow and arrow

Optional Requirements:
              Clothing
              Shelter
              Some way to stay warm (other than spooning, no spooning allowed)
              Fishing gear
              Boat
              etc...

Fox Bottom Primitive Camp is a PRIMITIVE CAMP! No running water (or walking water for that matter) but plenty of standing water; so bring a way to filter water or pack it in. There is an outhouse on-site for those brave souls who want to use it. Two ways to enter: water or trail. Water requires swimming or a boat, trail can be walked, jogged or biked.

So, here's the deal:
              Boat is by far the most popular way to enter. Big boats can be launched from any of the parks with boat ramps and travel is upriver from there. If you have never been on Granger in a boat, go slow. Small craft can also be launched from the No 7 access point on the San Gabriel River, no ramp, just a nice muddy bank to slide down. We will also be picking up people from No 7 who need a boat ride.

If you need a boat ride you need to post your name, number of people and the time you will be at No 7. Someone in a boat will come pick you up.

How to add your name to the list:
              The list is two part: Those who have a boat and those who need a ride. If you have a boat add your name to the list under Boat: and then the number of people who are coming with you.
              Example:
              Boat
              Rat +1

If you need a ride, add your name under the Need a Ride and then the number of people who are coming with you and the time for us to pick you up!
              Example:
              Need a ride:
              Wildman +1 12:00 (noon)

To add your name to the list either quote or copy and paste The entire list, add your information and then post it. DO NOT just add your name in a single post, you will be waiting on the river for a very long time. THEN check to make sure you are on the list and that no one was left off the list; this will happen if multiple people post at the same time, some one will be left off. After you post make sure the last person on the list, when you copied it, is still the last person!

Remember, copy, paste, add, post, verify.

We need this for two reasons. I need an accurate count for the COE reservation and to know how many people and when to shuttle.

Last year is going to be hard to top, but it is going to be fun trying!

So, who's in?

LET'S GET LICKEY!!!!!

The Official GRXH 2011 Roll Call
              Boat:
              Rat +1

Need a Ride:

Comment

Last years roll call thread:
                GRXH 2010 roll call

Comment

GRXH Post Action Review thread:

GRXH 2009 pictures
                  GRXH 2010 Picture thread
                  Last edited by Rat; 01-06-2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Still ain't figured out the math

Boat
                    Wildman +1

But, you write very well

Comment

How is this for bringing an 11 year old boy?

Comment

As long as he can go two days without food, eat rotten pecans and not jack around on a walky-talky (past years pun line) everything should be fine for having an 11 year old there

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                          Still ain't figured out the math

Boat
                          Wildman +1

But, you write very well
                          Dude! How did you screw that up? Here lemme help...

GRXH 2011 official Roll Call:
                          Boat:
                          Wildman
                          Rat +1
                          Huntinfool
                          Snipehunter

Need Ride:
                          Genevieve

Genevieve, I posted you under need a ride, you didn't say either way, but you need to add a time for pick up if needed or move your name to the other list. I didn't add the maybes (Viper, Glenn), add your name once you can COMMIT!
                          Last edited by Rat; 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                            So this is on someone's private land or the Granger WMA?
                            Granger WMA, Primitive camp on the river.

Comment

Yes I'll need a ride, not sure about the time just yet depends on work. Looks like I'll be buying a tent. I've never had a use for one I've always slept on the ground or in the bed of a truck!

Comment

when is it

Comment

Working...
                                X