No announcement yet.

2020 high school football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorena took control of the ball game in the 3 qtr. after going down 17-7 at the half. Looked like a different team in the second half, outscored Cameron 21-3 to walk out of there with a 28-20 win. Have Caldwell next week and finish with Rockdale. Hard to believe there is only 2 weeks left in the regular season.

Comment

Crawford holds on to beat Bosqueville 27-20. We did all we could do to give it away! Thank the Lord that our defense showed up for a few series in the 4th quarter.

Rwc

Comment

#5 gilmer buckeyes became 15th team in Texas high school football history to accomplish 700 program wins. Heak of an accomplishment!
        Last edited by twistedmidnite; 10-26-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Crazy game last Friday for Calhoun.
          Calhoun 77
          CC Miller 76

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
            http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/ful...s_right_column

#5 gilmer buckeyes became 15th team in Texas high school football history to accomplish 700 program wins. Heak of an accomplishment!
            Congrats! That is an accomplishment!

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
              Congrats! That is an accomplishment!
              Thanks bud! I'm helping coach the buckeyes kindergarten and 1st grade flag team. Were 4-0 and have only given up 18 points. Id like to think I'm helping keep the winning alive

Comment

Thanks bud! I'm helping coach the buckeyes kindergarten and 1st grade flag team. Were 4-0 and have only given up 18 points. Id like to think I'm helping keep the winning alive
                Haha! If their undefeated and only given up 18 points you must be doing something right!

That’s where it all starts is with kids that age.

Comment

Haha! If their undefeated and only given up 18 points you must be doing something right!

That’s where it all starts is with kids that age.
                  It sure is where it all starts. This is my second year to do it and I have a few of the same kids as last year. Its definitely rewarding to see how they mature threw out the season. We have some kids that are gonna be beasts in years to come. I cant wait to see them under the Friday night lights knowing I was lucky enough to be there when it all started lol.

Comment

Franklin vs Clifton tonight there. If Franklin wins, we will be undefeated in district and be the #1 seed going into the playoffs. This is our last regular game. Will have a bye next week and I assume we will start playoffs the week after.
                    Good luck to everybody’s team!!

Comment

Hell of a game went down in gilmer tx tonight. #5 ranked Gilmer Buckeyes defeated #3 pleasant grove hawks 31-28. Let's go bucs!!

Comment

Hell of a game went down in gilmer tx tonight. #5 ranked Gilmer Buckeyes defeated #3 pleasant grove hawks 31-28. Let's go bucs!!
                        Sure sounds like it was a heck of a game. Last I checked y’all were down 21-7 at halftime. Doesn’t that make y’all distract champs?

Comment

Sure sounds like it was a heck of a game. Last I checked y’all were down 21-7 at halftime. Doesn’t that make y’all distract champs?
                          Yep, we had a couple dropped passes in the endzone and a turnover on downs in the red zone. District Champs baby! Lol. Have canton next week. That gilmer black flag defense was one fire lmao

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by twistedmidnite; 11-06-2020, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Tough ending for us. Drove and scored with a minute left, went for two. Fumbled the handoff.

Gave them hell. Went in to half down 20-6. I gave them everything I had for a halftime speech. Even threw a trash can! Came out and had 3 picks and 2 FF second half on D. Just couldnt seal the deal.

Heck of a weird year. Good luck to all of y'all in playoffs. Im going to go watch some games!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lorena took care of Rockdale on the road tonight 49-42. 1 seed out of 11-3a D1. Believe we play Boling next week.

Comment

Yep, we had a couple dropped passes in the endzone and a turnover on downs in the red zone. District Champs baby! Lol. Have canton next week. That gilmer black flag defense was one fire lmao

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                We have Sweeney in the first round next week. They were supposed to play Belleville on Friday but had to forfeit due to Covid. Hope they are over it before we play them next week. Would have to have to forfeit a second round game due to the virus.

Would love to meet up with y’all again at AT&T in December! But we’d have to get past the University of Carthage first lol

Comment

Working...
                                X