Encountered a First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    This. It’s not that hard. As a fishing guide, I required life jackets in my boat while running. I’m probably the only one that did. But, it’s my boat and I’m responsible for the safety of my customers. If I had a customer that refused, either the boat stayed on the bank until he relented, or he stayed on the bank.
    But a life jacket is law and it CAN save a life.
    A mask is not law and they can't/won't save anybody.. Especially the junk 99% of most are wearing..

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      So, you're okay with lying, correct? (wink)

SH
      We're did I lie?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        A mask is not law and they can't/won't save anybody.. Especially the junk 99% of most are wearing..
        Wearing a life jacket is not a law. Having one on the boat is a law. I’m not advocating for the mask, only stating that it’s not that difficult to put one on in a business that requests it. It’s a simple matter of respecting a business owner’s request.

Comment

Yesterday at Elgin Smokehouse the lady at the register asked me if I had a mask. I told her no. She said I needed one according to Local and State orders. I told her no I did not that under local, state orders and the ADA I do not have to wear one due medical exemption. She asked if it would be cash or card. Food sucked BTW

Comment

Yes been denied in a few places. Local DQ, one of the local McCallisters and most recently in FT Collins Co Culvers. Promptly told them I would go elsewhere and I did. They don't want my money then I am not going to give it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Wearing a life jacket is not a law. Having one on the boat is a law. I’m not advocating for the mask, only stating that it’s not that difficult to put one on in a business that requests it. It’s a simple matter of respecting a business owner’s request.
              The life vest analogy is actually one of the best. The ONLY difference, a life vest will save a persons life, and no one can say that wearing one is harmful to your health. A mask can seriously harm a person. We are seeing studies now of people inhaling particles embedded in these masks. Once those particles get into the lungs, they never come out. And we know this could lead to serious complications down the road.

Comment

People can take their business elsewhere and someone else will come and give them their money to eat or buy there I honestly don’t think one person not wanting to do business with someone/ business because of a mask really matters to them. I know I wouldn’t on to the next one!

Comment

I’m anti mask, but I don’t get why it’s such a big deal... it’s not personal. And unless it’s a mom and pop store, the people working aren’t making the rules. I don’t wear a mask anywhere and I haven’t been asked to leave. If they ask, I would leave. It’s a businesses right to refuse me service. I have been in offices for an appointment where masks were required, I tried to talk them out of it and they brought me a mask anyways, so I politely wore it.

Comment

went into McD in Kingsville this morning placed my order and while the gal was making my coffee the guy brings my order over along with a mask and said "you need to put this on". I politely said no thanks and laid it back onto the counter, got my coffee and left.
                    he didn't say nothing when I told him no thanks.

Comment

Just one... Pops chicken in Lindale. And I am anti mask so I took my business down to a better restaurant anyways.

Comment

I haven't worn a mask since this silliness started. I've only been turned away from a business once, in Galveston, back in June. But I've had three other mild encounters/confrontations that resulted in receiving service without a mask, after being told I was "required."

There are a lot of moving parts that go into someone confronting you about not "complying," the least of which is that he/she are just "doing their job."

The whole thing is a sham, and it's sickening how quickly--without resistance--the masses just folded without question.

Comment

The next time anyone at an eating establishment tells you that you need a mask on just tell them to act like you are setting at the table eating!!!!

This is some of the dumbest $h!t that I have ever seen!!!!!! Unreal... SMH..

Comment

This. It’s not that hard. As a fishing guide, I required life jackets in my boat while running. I’m probably the only one that did. But, it’s my boat and I’m responsible for the safety of my customers. If I had a customer that refused, either the boat stayed on the bank until he relented, or he stayed on the bank.
                            Your business. Your rules. We should accept that.

I have a question though. Do you tell customers of the stipulation beforehand (ie. when booking) or spring it on them the morning of a trip?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                              Your business. Your rules. We should accept that.

I have a question though. Do you tell customers of the stipulation beforehand (ie. when booking) or spring it on them the morning of a trip?
                              Does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                Sorry to interrupt y'all's black panther party, but can we get a review on the log splitter.
                                Nothing like good log splitter review in the middle of a mask wearing gripe session!

Comment

Working...
                                X