Encountered a First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encountered a First

Some will agree and some will disagree, but for reasons of principle, I have refused to wear a mask since this mess started. I have eaten at dozens of restaurants and went in countless stores (most with mask signs), and have yet to encounter one place that has said anything to me about not wearing one... until today. My son had a mop on his head and his days without a haircut were over. We left church and I searched for the nearest SportsClips since my barber shop is closed on Sunday's. We walk in and the lady asked if we had a mask. I politely responded no ma'am. She said we can provide you with one. I told her that I appreciate that but I do not wear them. She said they were required so we left... We had barely got back in the truck and the lady came running out telling us that it is ok, that we have a "condition" that prevents us from wearing them...wink wink. After all of these months, that is the first place that has said one word about no mask, and in the end did not deny service. I noticed other guys walking in after me with a mask but after looking at me, they took it off. Has anyone that doesn't wear them actually had anyone deny them service?

I went into local flooring establishment to cut them a deposit on a 15k job.

The grief over a mask cost them them my business...

I wear a mask everyday at work and have non problem doing so, but when you play gesto about it...nope!

Comment

I had a parts store they tried to make me wear one . I refused and took my business elsewhere .

Comment

Went to Harbor Freight today without a mask. Was approached and advised they require them and offered me on. In their defense, Lubbock has swelled into a hotspot. I don’t normally wear one, but I’m also not going to be a pain for a store manager enforcing policy that has been forced on him over a $20 log splitter

Comment

Only one, Dozier's BBQ in Fulshear denied me service because I didnt have a mask. I argued politely with the HMIC just to make my point but he didnt relent. We spent more time discussing the subject than it would have taken for them to complete the sale. As dumb as this mask requirement is, their place their rules just like no shoes no shirt no service. I was just going in to buy a beer so I went a block down to the coner stow.

Comment

Early on during this stupidity a lady that works for SPECS liquor screamed at me when I walked in "sir you have to wear a mask" and I told her no I have a medical condition(wink)and I just kept walking and got what I needed.. A week later the store was closed due to an employee having "covid". It stayed closed for 3 weeks..

Comment

Yep, Proud Pie in Katy. Even after I said I am unable to wear them, can I order and go stand outside, they said we can't serve you.

So they have been scratched off my list to go to ever again. Sad because they have some of the best Ethiopian coffee I've ever had.

Comment

In the RGV it’s hard to get around without a mask no one really lets you into their establishment, it was a major hotspot a while back and mainly due to people thinking the virus was a joke. I wear a mask 12-14 hrs a day and after work I carry mine with me as well do I like it? No, but am I gonna argue or act like a brat because I’m told to wear one? No. Everyone has opinions but not until you have gotten the virus may your pint of view change about wearing a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
                  In the RGV it’s hard to get around without a mask no one really lets you into their establishment, it was a major hotspot a while back and mainly due to people thinking the virus was a joke. I wear a mask 12-14 hrs a day and after work I carry mine with me as well do I like it? No, but am I gonna argue or act like a brat because I’m told to wear one? No. Everyone has opinions but not until you have gotten the virus may your pint of view change about wearing a mask.
                  I had it...bad. I was down for 3 weeks and it was the sickest I've ever been. I probably should have been in the hospital at one point but I'm too hard headed I guess. It did not change my opinion at all about masks. I wouldn't argue or act like a brat. I was respectful and polite but at the same time let them know that I would go elsewhere if they were going to try to enforce that.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Went to Harbor Freight today without a mask. Was approached and advised they require them and offered me on. In their defense, Lubbock has swelled into a hotspot. I don’t normally wear one, but I’m also not going to be a pain for a store manager enforcing policy that has been forced on him over a $20 log splitter
                    This. It’s not that hard. As a fishing guide, I required life jackets in my boat while running. I’m probably the only one that did. But, it’s my boat and I’m responsible for the safety of my customers. If I had a customer that refused, either the boat stayed on the bank until he relented, or he stayed on the bank.

Comment

Gas station in Whitesboro wouldn't let in without mask, was gonna fill truck and grab a 30 pack, approx. $70 sale so drove off and spent it in Collinsville and won't go back there ever again. Not only lost that $70 sale but all future sales there from me. It's their decision to require masks and my decision to spend my money elsewhere. I won't argue, it's their right as a business and my right as a customer to choose where to spend my dollars.

Comment

Wonder what all these mask enforcers are going to think when this cold front lets them see their breath coming out of their masks?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Sorry to interrupt y'all's black panther party, but can we get a review on the log splitter.

Comment

I've only had one encounter where they didn't refuse to serve me sans mask & that was early in the AM in La Joya on the way to bird hunt in the quickie mart...I was with the Fed GW who was armed.

Other than that it's the mask nazis everywhere down here.

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
                            In the RGV it’s hard to get around without a mask no one really lets you into their establishment

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              Early on during this stupidity a lady that works for SPECS liquor screamed at me when I walked in "sir you have to wear a mask" and I told her no I have a medical condition(wink)and I just kept walking and got what I needed.. A week later the store was closed due to an employee having "covid". It stayed closed for 3 weeks..
                              So, you're okay with lying, correct? (wink)

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X