TruGreen Lawn Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
    What type of turf do you have? Any chance you have the time and willingness to take photos before they start and during the year and post here?
    Yard was all fesue and we had someone spray it a few years ago and accidentally killed a bunch of it so now a lot of it is filled in with Bermuda.

I can definitely report back on how the yard did and if the wife was happy with it...funny thing is I have a plant biotechnology degree and really don't care about it as long as it's cut and the sprinklers are running enough to keep it somewhat green

Comment

None of my neighbors are happy. They wonder what my secret is, I try to kill it and it seems to make it stronger.

I hand toss fertilizer once or twice a year and I’ll be darn if I’m gonna water it.

Comment

Go buy Ferti-Lome For All Seasons 16-0-8 1 bag will cover 5000 sq foot. This is all that you need for your yard.

Comment

Would be an interesting experiment on before and after pics.
          My yard is bad and I’m starting this year to follow Randy Lennon’s guide to see how it turns out.
          Good luck to you.

Comment

We did the mosquito treatment with them last year and it made a huge difference! Never used their lawn service though

Comment

Tried them for one year. As stated in several posts above, my yard looked better after I started to care for it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                Yard was all fesue and we had someone spray it a few years ago and accidentally killed a bunch of it so now a lot of it is filled in with Bermuda.

I can definitely report back on how the yard did and if the wife was happy with it...funny thing is I have a plant biotechnology degree and really don't care about it as long as it's cut and the sprinklers are running enough to keep it somewhat green
                If you have mostly bermuda I would get some GrazonNext HL and spray the yard with that. It will kill everything except the grass. You can spray under trees with no worry also. Don't spray on a very hot day and watch the wind. Fertilize with Nitrophos 19-4-10 every 2-3 months, keep on a good watering schedule and you will have a beautiful lawn. It won't happen over night but it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                  I used them for over 20 yrs in North Dallas. My yard went from average to above average in the first year!

I'm in my 3rd year with them and am very happy.

I used to do all the work myself and was pretty picky. They made my yard look even better.
                  Last edited by Tbar; 01-23-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I have never struggled with appearance of my yard. Last year I thought I had a few dry spots in the heat of summer, never recovered. Used to fungus in the fall, but this started in June. Only in the front yard, never got a good diagnosis. Large (20’) dead spots. It wasn’t a fungus, wasn’t wilt, wasn’t chinch bugs.
                    I follow Randy’s plan mostly, add some bonus s in the spring for weed control.

Comment

I tried GroGreen several years ago. Didn’t notice any changes (good or bad). Started using Scott’s or whatever every 2 months and my yard was in much better shape.

Comment

I'm not going to tell you since you already paid.............................................. ....

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                          If you have mostly bermuda I would get some GrazonNext HL and spray the yard with that. It will kill everything except the grass. You can spray under trees with no worry also. Don't spray on a very hot day and watch the wind. Fertilize with Nitrophos 19-4-10 every 2-3 months, keep on a good watering schedule and you will have a beautiful lawn. It won't happen over night but it will happen.
                          Got to have a license to buy grazon next, and it's not labeled for lawns

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a great lawn but I couldn't kill the horse herb. I hired them to kill it. They did but I began to get new weeds that I had not seen before. I think I had them for about a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                              Got to have a license to buy grazon next, and it's not labeled for lawns

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                              I buy it every year without a license and it works in my yard just fine.

Comment

I looked it up online and I don't believe it requires a license to purchase it.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X