Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TruGreen Lawn Service

Anyone use them? Just paid for a year service, hoping its worth the $$$

Can you detail what you paid for and what that covers?

Thanks, just curious

Comment

Should have asked here first, be prepared to be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Can you detail what you paid for and what that covers?

Thanks, just curious
        Suppose to be a complete year around lawn/weed spray and granular service....preemergent, fertilizer, sulfur, etc. 8 treatments minimum w/ unlimited treatments in between if requested

Comment

I used them for over 20 yrs in North Dallas. My yard went from average to above average in the first year!

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
            Suppose to be a complete year around lawn/weed spray and granular service....preemergent, fertilizer, sulfur, etc. 8 treatments minimum w/ unlimited treatments in between if requested
            I can't imagine the cost of that with their labor.

Unlimited free treatments in between? Ideally shouldn't need any if done right

Comment

I kicked them off my property. Not good here. Other places maybe better. Bad experience.

Comment

I used them for a year my yard went to crap because them. had supv. out several times still no help.

took me a year to fix it..

Comment

Probably depends on location. It’s a franchise and will depend on who owns it. I tried them, fired them and learned on my own how to take care of mine.

Comment

It all depends on your local guy. The system works but the franchise owners are not held very accountable.

Comment

I’ve literally built a business fixing what trugreen screws up. The problem with them is that they try to use a one size fits all approach. They treat every yard the same regardless of the turf type. Some guys get lucky, most end up paying me to fix

Comment

So I paid that same for trugreen as a local service that does 6 treatments. A few of my neighbors have the local service and their yards aren't that great. Main reason I did it was was to make the wife happy. I don't want to hear about spraying the yard over and over. We'll see how it turns out this year.

Comment

I tried them and had very little to zero difference in my yard.

I used Scotts Bonus S every 2-3 months with plenty of water and my yard went from crap to yard of the year! Be ready to mow a lot though!

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                            So I paid that same for trugreen as a local service that does 6 treatments. A few of my neighbors have the local service and their yards aren't that great. Main reason I did it was was to make the wife happy. I don't want to hear about spraying the yard over and over. We'll see how it turns out this year.
                            What type of turf do you have? Any chance you have the time and willingness to take photos before they start and during the year and post here?

Comment

with them using chemical fertilizers and such, you will typically see an improvement the first year...after that it tends to go downhill...Usually they charge you for services to improve the bad conditions and damages that the very chemicals they use have caused

I personally think they do way more harm than good
                              Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                              X