Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better get a Creed before these members ban you from the site

Comment

It looks like you like the fairly traditional calibers. A 22-250, 243, 25-06 or a 7mm-08 would go nice with your selection.
      Last edited by kingranch1886; 01-15-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

25-06 for sure

Comment

50 BMG fo sho.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
            25-06 for sure
            This.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
              Lever gun in 45-70...
              agreed! 45-70,, or maybe if you want something fun to walk around with a marlin .44 mag

Comment

Or you can be an odd ball like me and build an AR in 350 Legend for the brush.

Seriously, from my experiences I always go back to a 7mm bullet line up. Probably the best coefficient bullet size out there.
                .243, 7mm-08, and 7mm rem mag, I still own all three and they all have their purpose. I hunt with the 7mm rem mag the most, just in case I have to really reach way out there and my son loves the 7mm-08 because it is flat shooting with a low recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                  Get you a fun lever gun 357,44 Mag, 45 Long Colt or 45/70
                  I do have the 357 mag ruger vaquero. I love shooting that pistol

Comment

Gun

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                    Give me your suggestions GS......

I am in the market for a new caliber of rifle to buy and just don't know what to get. I have a 22, 223, 270, and 3006. This would mostly be for mostly hunting in the hill country. Give me any good suggestions or reviews yall have.

thanks
                    I love my Weatherby WSM 270. Bad to the Bone. Call her Ma Bell. Reach out and touch some one. Lol

Comment

Another vote for 7mm08.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                        Get a TC Encore 7mm-08 or 22-250. Great guns for anyone. If you have a bunch of bolt guns it'll change it up. Its one of my favorite rifles to bring with me. That and my Sako .308.
                        who sells the TC encore? or is that something I would have to check with my local gun about?

Comment

338 Lapua. Just because it's fun to say.

Comment

250 Savage, 257 Roberts

Comment

Originally posted by toaster View Post
                              I own a 25-06 and love it. My son owns a 6.5CM. He loves it. The two rounds are in the same class however this 6.5CM has an updated bullet design with a higher BC. The 25-06 is an older design. The 6.5CM (aka Man-Bun!) is touted as a better long range option. Check the link below for a good comparison:

https://ronspomeroutdoors.com/blog/2...6-5-creedmoor/
                              If you don’t, start shopping. The 25-06 Remington is one of the mildest recoiling, flattest shooting, wind-defying, overlooked medium hunting cartridges in our arsenal.

Ron Spomer has taken whitetails, pronghorns and coyotes with a 25-06 Remington and eagerly awaits opportunities to expand that list.

FILED UNDER: BALLISTICS, SHOOTING

Comment

For the hill country, a 6mm all day long.. If not that then a 25-06..

Comment

Working...
                                X