Clear All

^

Comment

tag

Comment

in to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
          What kind of clear coat are y'all using to make them shine? I have concrete counter at the deer camp, but need to coat it? The counter tops above look sharp.

This is what we used. It’s a 2 part epoxy. A friend helped me with it as he had experience and he got it so not sure where from.

Comment

Some of you guys have freaking SKILLS!

Comment

I recently did a concrete sink/countertop for my guest bathroom. The two methods that seemed to be the most prevalent were poured in place or inverted cast. I did the inverted cast method for a few reasons.
              1. less mess in the house since it was poured in the garage.
              2. I don't have any concrete finishing skills, so with the inverted cast method the melamine mold creates a smoother finish than I could achieve with a trowel.
              3. It gave me the freedom to create a custom basin.

I created a 3 piece mold. One for the countertop, two for the basin (inside and outside of the basin). Filled the mold with Maximizer concrete mix. Vibrated and hammered on the mold to remove bubbles. Once demolded I sanded everything then added a slurry coat to fill all the little "bug holes" the trapped air bubbles left behind. Sanded some more, then coated with a concrete sealer, and sanded a little more.

I've been very happy with the look, feel, and function.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1.5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	24605066
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1.7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	24605067

Comment

Originally posted by crittergetter76 View Post
                I recently did a concrete sink/countertop for my guest bathroom. The two methods that seemed to be the most prevalent were poured in place or inverted cast. I did the inverted cast method for a few reasons.

1. less mess in the house since it was poured in the garage.

2. I don't have any concrete finishing skills, so with the inverted cast method the melamine mold creates a smoother finish than I could achieve with a trowel.

3. It gave me the freedom to create a custom basin.

I created a 3 piece mold. One for the countertop, two for the basin (inside and outside of the basin). Filled the mold with Maximizer concrete mix. Vibrated and hammered on the mold to remove bubbles. Once demolded I sanded everything then added a slurry coat to fill all the little "bug holes" the trapped air bubbles left behind. Sanded some more, then coated with a concrete sealer, and sanded a little more.

I've been very happy with the look, feel, and function.

[ATTACH]988336[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]988337[/ATTACH]

What catches the water under your drain slot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                  What catches the water under your drain slot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  DIY and Pro Shop for Concrete Countertops Molds Forms Stamps. Concrete sealer and concrete countertop supplies - stain and color concrete stamps sink molds and edge to step form liners and Rainchains

I used this, then connected to a generic p trap.

Comment

Where did you get those pull out cabinet slides? Nice work, all! KJ

Comment

Originally posted by ktjones View Post
                      Where did you get those pull out cabinet slides? Nice work, all! KJ
                      Pull out cabinet slides?

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                        Here is an island and counters we did at my daughters kitchen that I remodeled. She loves her counter tops.
                        Wow.... that’s amazing

Comment

crittergetter76
                          I like the look of your vanity top, simple but elegant. I have the guest vanity about half way built but have not started on the master's. When I get those built and installed I'll look into the casted sinks/basins

ktjones

Drawer hardware like you mentioned can be bought at your big box store or online. Depending on the brand/quality the slides can get pricey. The slides can be had in many configurations.

Comment

ktjones says thank you. Not sure I am going to show these pictures to the wife, though...

Comment

Well today is the day. I have the materials on hand to start some countertops. I am using Concrete Countertop Solutions products. This stuff is a little pricey compared to the box store bag mix but from the videos I have watched it will work for me since I'll be doing this alone. Going with cast in place and plan on starting with the small coffee niche first and see how I do.

Pictures to come later.

Comment

Tagged for later.

Comment

Working...
                                X