No announcement yet.

Any interest to buy or hunt a cow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better be ready to process it yourself. I’m not sure about your processor/butcher l, but mine will not and is not allowed to take dead livestock/cattle...well this one time a buffalo wouldn’t get off the trailer and we had to shoot it in the head with a 357 at the offload but that’s different. [emoji2373]

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      Better be ready to process it yourself. I’m not sure about your processor/butcher l, but mine will not and is not allowed to take dead livestock/cattle...well this one time a buffalo wouldn’t get off the trailer and we had to shoot it in the head with a 357 at the offload but that’s different. [emoji2373]
      Had hell loading a yearling steer a couple years ago. Asked the processor if I could bring it to him dead and he said no. Not sure why you can bring in dead deer, but not dead cows. He charged me a $75 kill fee, even though I REALLY wanted to shoot that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
        Had hell loading a yearling steer a couple years ago. Asked the processor if I could bring it to him dead and he said no. Not sure why you can bring in dead deer, but not dead cows. He charged me a $75 kill fee, even though I REALLY wanted to shoot that thing.

Pretty sure it’s the govt. They have inspectors on location on cattle kill days at my processor.

Comment

I had the green light to shoot a cow one time that was on a buddies place years ago because it kept jumping fences and couldn't keep it in, I will tell you it was hot outside and after that day I vowed to never skin one of those things again lol

Comment

Maybe reach out @Worksalot :-)

If in remember correctly he might have a Little animosity towards the Bovine Species 0:-)

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Why do you want someone to shoot your wife?

Comment

I'd go shoot one for meat if I could get it for auction prices, I wouldn't pay huntin' prices then have to get big heavy animal out of the pasture that may or may not be a first cousin to boot leather.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  Maybe reach out @Worksalot :-)

If in remember correctly he might have a Little animosity towards the Bovine Species 0:-)

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
                  PB2 coming through

Comment

Wild cow hunt

I have hunted some wild cows and bulls down in el Indio Texas
                    They are wild cattle living in down in the river Cain next to the rio grande
                    Very hard to hunt, and rather sporty, they are infected with ticks and the bulls can do some damage to the tick fence to keep them down by the river
                    I know we couldn’t do anything but kill them and leave them
                    Don’t know how it would be shooting a range cow ?

Comment

Slaughter cows going from .10-.70 most places right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        We are between San Saba and Lampasas. No idea on price.. Just seeing if anyone would want to do it. Would have to get at least what the cattle guy would get (or what he thinks he'd get) at auction. My WAG would be $800-1000 ???

They look tasty to me But I'm scared of the work in trying to butcher one myself.
                        Would Jason only charge $50 to process it? I’ll bring two rolls of duct tape.

Comment

KAC! Yep.

Comment

Don’t know how it would be shooting a range cow ?
                            It wouldn't be the range that matters, what matters would be angle and height. Since you could obviously could get really close you would want to take the most ethical shot that saves the most amount of meat.

Comment

May be the unpopular one here but “hunting” a cow is pretty low standard and that’s not hunting 1 but.

Comment

Originally posted by R6hunter View Post
                                May be the unpopular one here but “hunting” a cow is pretty low standard and that’s not hunting 1 but.
                                Ditto. This would not be hunting by any definition. I can understand the ranchers line of thought as he would easily make more than the he would at an auction. I had an old bull I was partial too, I kept him to long. He came up lame and laid up in the pasture for about a week, nothing worked to get him moving again. A cold front came is, freezing temps and he was in open pasture. I had to put him down, there was no pleasure or excitement in it. I guess its to each his own, on this deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X