What happened to the Turkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the Turkey?

My oldest son and I started at 9:00 am frying 6 turkeys for Thanksgiving lunch at my youngest and his wife’s house. Serving started around 11:30. Roughly 15 members from daughter-in-law side and and 7 on our side of family. After all were fed I started noticing the members of daughter-in-law’s family started going to their cats and retrieving Tupperware containers. They stuffed their containers with the leftover turkey/trimming and deserts. When all was said and done I was left with a ziplock baggie of scraps. Oh well, it made for a good story on the drive home. Happy Thanksgiving.

Consider it,...… the ultimate compliment...………..
    Just be glad, they didn't go to their cars, for Pepto...…..

Comment

You must have some legit eaters in your family!!!! 6 turkey’s is a lot for you to be left with scraps...

Comment

That's a good thing. Who wants to eat turkey left overs for the next week. Heck I'm usually the making sure everyone takes something home with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          That's a good thing. Who wants to eat turkey left overs for the next week. Heck I'm usually the making sure everyone takes something home with them.
          Send white meat away eat any and all dark meat left overs until gone

Comment

Seems pretty courteous, but many that seems like a LOT of turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post

Comment

Send dark meat to trash eat any and all white meat leftovers until gone

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  Yep, you don’t even need gravy for the dark meat and it makes the best sandwiches.

Comment

My wife is Filipino and to her, it is a slap in the face for people not to take leftovers home. "My cooking ain't good enough for ya?". That tradition has bled over to the gringo side of the family. Bright side is, we don't have as much to try to store in the freezer.

Comment

Could look at it as complimentary, but I was looking forward to turkey Samiches.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                        Send dark meat to trash eat any and all white meat leftovers until gone
                        Lol. No.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

That’s blasphemy right there.

You can have all that nasty dark meat.

Since the breast is always the first thing gone when I clock them I’m just going to stop cooking whole turkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Did you typo when you said 6 turkeys?

Doesn't it take around an hour to fry one turkey?

I wish I had more turkey leftovers.

Comment

No we fried 6. Oil stayed around 300-350 degrees. In fact a couple cooked faster than we expected. We had 3 fryers going I might add

Comment

Working...
                              X