No announcement yet.

Nikon Prostaff scope ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Nikon Prostaff BDC that does not adjust well. Once I get it set, it will hold zero. But getting it there is very tricky.

Comment

FYI - Nikon is getting out of the scope business but I don't know how that will affect the warranty on the scopes.

&#9664Previous Post Next Post▶ One of our intrepid readers who’s in the retail end of the gun business told us of notification he received from one of his distributors. They were letting him know that Nikon will be exiting the rifle scope business and that once current inventory is gone, it’s gone. TTAG spoke to […]

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input. Unfortunately this was a big fat bust! I probably should be pi$$ed about the whole "deal", but all I can do is SMH and laugh. This deal started about a month ago. A friend was helping his friend clean out some of her husband's stuff. Unfortunately, my friend doesn't know **** about ****. He saw the Nikon boxes, googled Nikon scope and the first one that popped up was over $700. He asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy a couple brand new, in the box scopes for $600 each. He sent me the pictures and I looked em up and they were $178 and $198 on Amazon. He said they had been sitting in her closet for over 6 years, but had never been on a gun. Not knowing what they had been through, I told him I'd pay a little over half price and buy them both. He said she had to think about it. In the meantime, he told another guy we work with about them and he said he'd buy one for $100. I found out and asked him what was up with that? The other guy ended up buying a new scope, so he backed out. Found out last night that she finally decided she would sell them to me for $200. My "buddy" brought them to work today and we went to his truck to check them out. I pulled out the 40 and the glass looked good, but I didn't pay attention to the outside of it. Opened the box for the 50 and the scope in the box looked smaller than my other 50 does, but I thought maybe it was just a shorter model. Still wasn't paying attention to what I was looking at. Glass looked good in it also, then I felt grease on the tube. Looked down and there was a scope ring. Looked on the side and there was a "B" on the turret (?) cover. Looked back at the other and it said Barska on the side and you could see scratches from a scope ring. Apparently, her husband had swapped out scopes and put the old ones back in the Nikon boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          Do not buy a used scope.

In my experience its just a bad idea. If you have issues, you're SOL.

Buy a new one and if you have issues return it. If later you have issues, you know the history and get the warranty work.
          Nikon is getting out of the scope business according to www.outdoornews.com and a couple more site.

Comment

Nikon better back up their "no questions asked" lifetime warranty on my new Monarch 5 4-16X50 if I ever have any issues. Love the scope, but I just bought the thing to put on my new 7 mag, and the warranty factored into the decision. It was either the Nikon or A Zeiss Conquest, and Nikon had the better warranty.......

Comment

Never and again, NEVER had any problems with Nikon. I know all brands have their issues from time to time, but at least for me I've had none.

So, with that said, bought a Nikon Binocular today from Academy, best look from all the brands I tried AND the firearms manager confirmed: They have been notified by Nikon they are getting out of the scope business. Personally, I believe they have been the best value at least for us.

Comment

Excellent glass for the money

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                  Thanks everyone for the input. Unfortunately this was a big fat bust! I probably should be pi$$ed about the whole "deal", but all I can do is SMH and laugh. This deal started about a month ago. A friend was helping his friend clean out some of her husband's stuff. Unfortunately, my friend doesn't know **** about ****. He saw the Nikon boxes, googled Nikon scope and the first one that popped up was over $700. He asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy a couple brand new, in the box scopes for $600 each. He sent me the pictures and I looked em up and they were $178 and $198 on Amazon. He said they had been sitting in her closet for over 6 years, but had never been on a gun. Not knowing what they had been through, I told him I'd pay a little over half price and buy them both. He said she had to think about it. In the meantime, he told another guy we work with about them and he said he'd buy one for $100. I found out and asked him what was up with that? The other guy ended up buying a new scope, so he backed out. Found out last night that she finally decided she would sell them to me for $200. My "buddy" brought them to work today and we went to his truck to check them out. I pulled out the 40 and the glass looked good, but I didn't pay attention to the outside of it. Opened the box for the 50 and the scope in the box looked smaller than my other 50 does, but I thought maybe it was just a shorter model. Still wasn't paying attention to what I was looking at. Glass looked good in it also, then I felt grease on the tube. Looked down and there was a scope ring. Looked on the side and there was a "B" on the turret (?) cover. Looked back at the other and it said Barska on the side and you could see scratches from a scope ring. Apparently, her husband had swapped out scopes and put the old ones back in the Nikon boxes.
                  “Buddy” no more!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    “Buddy” no more!
                    If I thought he was trying to rip me off, that would be the case. He's a pretty good guy and was trying to help out a single woman. He's not very observant and really doesn't know much about guns and accessories for them. He grew up with a mother that was terrified of guns. He's just started hunting and shooting some over the past 5 years, or so. Him offering them to someone else out from under me did kinda tick me off a little, but I get over stuff pretty easy.

Comment

Working...
                    X