Fence line etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
    X2, why landowners prefer not to lease property. Easy for hunters to lease a place and not consider the forever nature of the situation for the landowners. Lease members move on but the issues left behind stay with the landowners (neighbors) forever.
    ......yep......100%

Comment

It’s legal. Go let the neighbor know you are not breaking the law and if necessary you can call the GW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our place in Brady is 10000 acres . Our neighbor has 350 an had 7 feeders rite on our fence as well. Well our landowner gave him a free high fence on 3 sides with highway on the other lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Lease agreement is one thing to follow. Your land or no rule stating is another. Stands and feeders on a fence line is not asking for trouble. It’s simply using the land your paying for however the heck you want. If a neighbor wants to trespass, harass or cause trouble then the problem is on them. Don’t break the law shooting across the fence or slinging corn over.

My neighbor has a feeder 15 Feet from our north fence. He has a bow stand 20 yds further down the fence and a rifle blind 100 yds further down. It doesn’t bother me one bit. It suits his property the best for him to hunt.

Feeder 15’ in or 100’ in the same deer are being hunted. I “hunt” his feeder in a way. I may not shoot one on his side of the fence but I set up 50 yds inside my property line and catch the deer filtering from my place to his feeder location all the time when wind is right.
          This is a solicitation for opinions thread. Antlers just stated mine.

Comment

A lot of you young people have lost all respect . From fishing to hunting . Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. No different than you fishing and catching fish and I come barreling azz in there and cutting you off. Respect you bunch of millennials.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              A lot of you young people have lost all respect . From fishing to hunting . Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. No different than you fishing and catching fish and I come barreling azz in there and cutting you off. Respect you bunch of millennials.

Good analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Public water you don’t own it. Good point but still if I own the land I will do as I please and whatever suits the area I am setting up.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  Public water you don’t own it. Good point but still if I own the land I will do as I please and whatever suits the area I am setting up.
                  Really? Even if it gets you cross with your neighbors? Keep in mind the OP is a leasee, not a landowner

Comment

This thread just shows who you want to be on a lease with and who not to be.

Comment

Never had a problem with a feeder near a fence.Blinds I keep at least 100yds away.And yeah,I'd be ****** too.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

This voids the whole spirti of low fence free choice hunting. As stated above you lease every square inch. If your losing 100’ all the way around. Thats enough land on most places to cut out 1 paid spot. As well as total price of lease. I say leave it right there. I would not have involved the land owner unless yall have an excellent relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Good LORD SMH.. And what does age have to do with it?
                          Nothing. I was only speaking of the handwriting itself.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                            Really? Even if it gets you cross with your neighbors?
                            That’s their problem if it bothers them. Simple conversation with neighbors is all that is needed.

I posted my reasoning before and I will post it again. I’d rather a blind and feeder be on a fence then set up further in. Hunters will hunt into their property rather than outwards. I have one neighbor that set a blind 80-100 yds off the fence line. I had an issue with it and brought it to his attention next time I saw him. My bow setup is 75 yds inside my line. He was hunting pasture land (rifle hunter) facing my direction. I have multiple trees that have taken bullets from them shooting targets and game. Showed him pics, told him I’d rather he set the blind up on our fence that we share and he moved it. Simple as that. No once did he get his panties in a twist like some of you are acting here. I’m not breaking any laws just enjoying the land that I paid for. He however was breaking a law.

Comment

Red “X” is where blind was. Green dots were his feeders. Blue “X” is where he moved his blind. 2 happy neighbors!
                              Attached Files

Comment

I’m a firm believer in out of sight, out of mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X