Trump pardons 3 of our finest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Lorance made the right call. Previously withheld information now confirms forensic evidence linked DNA found on detonated roadside bombs to the DNA of the Afghan men.” There were also fingerprints found linking the two men to IED's. This information was withheld from the defense by the prosecution and most likely the main reason for the pardon.
    Well as a combat vet I disagree. He didn't know at the time that's who they were, they were just random guys on the side of the road.

You are right, war is a nasty business and a lot of civilians have been killed in both Afghanistan and Iraq because US soldiers made mistakes. We shot up a whole bus load of Afghans and killed or wounded something like 30 people. Nobody went to jail over that. We dropped a bomb on a school because of mistaken transfer of information to a pilot. Killed all the students and teachers. Nobody on the ground nor the pilot went to jail.

Had he had anything remotely close to a reasonable argument that those guys were a threat he wouldn't ever have been charged.

We aren't the country that let's it's soldiers run around indiscriminately killing civilians and getting away with it. We have seen examples time after time of what that kind of military turns into and we can't go down that road.

Comment

I dont claim any knowledge or military expertise in the form of procedure..but a similiar incident that included 4 men on a mountaintop who chose to let suspected enemy conspirators go ended with 3 of them, a helicopter full of others, and innocent citizens dead.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        I dont claim any knowledge or military expertise in the form of procedure..but a similiar incident that included 4 men on a mountaintop who chose to let suspected enemy conspirators go ended with 3 of them, a helicopter full of others, and innocent citizens dead.
        And if you talk to Marchus today he will tell you he doesn't question that decision and would make the same one again today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          And if you talk to Marchus today he will tell you he doesn't question that decision and would make the same one again today.
          Doesnt change what happened.

Comment

Doesnt change what happened.
            I guess I don't understand your point then.

Comment

Letting 3 go directly cost several men their lives.
              Its a choice that can be justified either way.

Comment

Letting 3 go directly cost several men their lives.
                Its a choice that can be justified either way.
                Maybe sitting in your lounge chair at home. But to the men who were there, who have to live with those actions the rest of their lives. What have already stated they wouldn't change the decision. It's can't be justified. War is not a video game, you don't get to just shut if off and forget about it.

Comment

Maybe sitting in your lounge chair at home. But to the men who were there, who have to live with those actions the rest of their lives. What have already stated they wouldn't change the decision. It's can't be justified. War is not a video game, you don't get to just shut if off and forget about it.
                  His own words had two of his crew saying they voted to off them.
                  Not the movie..his book.
                  So yeh.. killing 3 to save those 4 and then the entire group in the helicopter..not mentioning the afghan citizens.. would be totally justified.
                  Just as justified as the decision his leader made to let them go.

Comment

Hell, they squabbled over it amongst themselves & followed protocol knowing more lives would be lost...the mission was screwed regardless.

Tough deal but have to say I do like this sort angle vs the a potus supporting a traitor who jumped **** during combat story...not sure whats right / wrong here in each instance, but the politics & punishment they so actively wanted to inflict was suspect. It's refreshing to the overall support & gonna run with a positive note.

Some of these stories may not be over after listening to lawyers being interviewed.

Comment

When you fight ruthless savages that are so f***ing barbaric you better get on their level if you plan to win the battle and the war. Thank you Mr. President for standing up for the ones that raise their hand and say I will go.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                        When you fight ruthless savages that are so f***ing barbaric you better get on their level if you plan to win the battle and the war. Thank you Mr. President for standing up for the ones that raise their hand and say I will go.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                        Someone brought up a good point to me yesterday regarding his case. It wasn't that long ago that federal agents posed for hero shots with burned bodies of American citizens on American soil. They were given medals and promotions.

Comment

Saw this headline about Lorance this morning.

"The convicted US Army war criminal Trump released early says he can't get a job 'even at Walmart or Target"

Comment

First quote was when he was asked if he regrets his vote that day.. Second one is right outta the book. I'm not saying he would have chose to kill them if he had the chance again, but he would NOT have made the same decision.

"It would be worth me doing the time in prison if my buddies were still alive, if that answers your question."

-- Marcus Luttrell-

"It was the stupidest, most Southern-fried, lame-brained decision I ever made in my life to vote to let them go ... I actually cast a vote that I knew would sign our death warrant."

-- Marcus Luttrell-.

Comment

Working...
                            X