No announcement yet.

Truck Flatbeds Yes/No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s handier than a shirt pocket if you actually work out of your truck.

Comment

Originally posted by trailrider View Post
      I watch all of Ramball36's builds that I catch. Ive seen him mold those cameras right into his beds.
      Camera and backup sensors can stay, the only thing that won’t work is any kind of blind spot monitoring device. The higher trim Toyota’s have that and there’s no way to integrate it, you just have to disable it in the dash.

Comment

If you build them right, there is massive amounts of storage and tool space. The one I built for a friend has drawers down both side and tool boxes both sides and another tool box in the rear. There is 21 cubic ft. of storage just in the drawers. Here's the drawers on my welding truck. His were basically the same.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
          I am getting a norstar in a week or so. I miss my old one. But I work out of my truck everyday

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Norstar makes some really nice beds. I have one on one of my trucks, and really like how it’s built.

Comment

My father has one on his truck and he absolutely loves it. I doubt he will ever go back to a regular bed

Comment

We have a flatbed on our Toyota lease truck. The only thing that is a little more of a pain is having to strap down stuff we put on it, everything else about it is great. Hauling stands, feeders, lumber, etc is a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanite View Post
                I'm thinking about going to a flatbed on my F-350 SRW. What are some things I haven't thought of? Do you like yours? What's irritating? Truck is mainly used back and forth to Ranch every weekend.

Thanks
                If you get one you gave to get you an yeti, not sure why but it must some kind of secret code of some sort.

Comment

I love mine !
                  So much easier to haul feed and cleaning blood from bed , for someone as myself it works great guiding hunts , if you Carry a lot of small stuff in your bed now that can’t be easily strapped down it may not be the best choice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have bedliner sprayed on the top and siderails, you'll be extremely surprised how much stuff stays on it

Comment

I always thought SRW trucks looked funny with flatbeds.JMO

Comment

I have one on my megacab dually and love it. Can put anything on it and haul whatever. You would be surprised how much stuff actually doesn't fly off of it.

Comment

Image 3-A5-EDB16-F669-471-E-B2-A0-5-F0-B7-E43-CEC1 hosted in ImgBB

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
                            I have one on my megacab dually and love it. Can put anything on it and haul whatever. You would be surprised how much stuff actually doesn't fly off of it.

It’s not the stuff that doesn’t blow off it’s the stuff that does blow off that worries me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Makes the perfect hunting pick up for us. The winch sits in a pipe welded into the bed. Just lifts out for going down the highway. Our lease is about 20 miles from the house, so we just ride over to hunt and come home. Winch the deer up on the bed and field dress them right there like it’s an operating table. Little blue jug of water to wash hands and plenty of light.

Comment

I absolutely love having a flatbed on my truck
                                When I had a regular factory bed everyone treated my bed as a trash can “ and I hate having to climb up into the truck to empty it out “
                                I am probably going to buy a new Ram 3500 SRW and am ordering a C&W metal frame with a treated wood deck with short side rails
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-17-2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X