Truck Flatbeds Yes/No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Flatbeds Yes/No?

I'm thinking about going to a flatbed on my F-350 SRW. What are some things I haven't thought of? Do you like yours? What's irritating? Truck is mainly used back and forth to Ranch every weekend.

Thanks

I've never had one myself, but a good buddy did. I enjoyed that truck so much. It was his daily driver, and he always spoke about how much easier it made ranch/lease life.

Comment

They are nice, much easier to work off of than the typical pickup, just wish they weren't so expensive, that way you could keep trying until you found the style you like. Wouldn't mind finding one suitable for my half-ton.

Comment

I don’t understand why anyone would want one unless they use it for welding or hauling a stock trailer. I know me personally I have no need for one and I can pack all my stuff in my regular bed with no fear of it all falling out. 50 bags of corn no problem. I’m sure guys haul all kinds of stuff with flatbeds but I would never want one. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I want one as well. Great for farm and ranch use but when I travel for hunts I think it would be a little harder to strap and secure everything down. Its much easier to just throw everything in the bed of the truck.

Comment

I am getting a norstar in a week or so. I miss my old one. But I work out of my truck everyday

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

My next truck will be a flatbed. They are handier than a pocket on a shirt. Lock boxes down the side, easy load access, and if you put flip up rails on it it's no different than a regular bed when it comes to stuff falling out/off. No tailgate or bed rails to worry about when hooking up your goose neck either.

I just realized, I bet most of 3/4 - 1 ton pickups owned by TBH'ers don't even have a gooseneck or a 5'er in the bed so the last benefit may not matter.

Comment

Anyone who works off of their truck a lot needs one!

I’ve built several, but never have time to build my own. My ford has a color matched CM skirted bed. It works okay, but the floor pops and the boxes leak. I would love to build a custom one for myself with more pronghorn style boxes.

A couple I’ve built. A lot of the guys around here are taking a liking to them on their little trucks.

Comment

I’ve debated making my next truck a flatbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The one on the tan taco is killer.... great work!

Comment

I would love to put a flatbed on my truck, I could put a bigger aux tank on it and then put tool boxes down the side. Be easier to workout of rather than having to climb into the bed of my truck every time I needed to get into my tool box, easier to hook up to my gooseneck hitch and have more space between the trailer and aux/tool box, and wouldn’t have to use the extension hitch anymore, but a long bed truck would also take care of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post

I’ve built several, but never have time to build my own. My ford has a color matched CM skirted bed. It works okay, but the floor pops and the boxes leak. I would love to build a custom one for myself with more pronghorn style boxes.

A couple I’ve built. A lot of the guys around here are taking a liking to them on their little trucks.

My brother showed me one of those trucks I think.. do you buy animals from D4 exotics??

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post

Dude, you do phenomenal work! That Tacoma is bad azz

Comment

I sold truckbeds for a while, one thing I noticed is that some guys are flatbed guys and some aren't. What I mean is that it is usually a no-brainer for guys that want a flatbed they don't hesitate, they just need their flatbed. If you are on the fence about it you may regret it later.

Comment

Just be prepared to strap everything down!

Comment

Working...
                              X