Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4? Talk me out of it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4? Talk me out of it.

I am not loyal to brands but I have always had Chevy Suburbans and Trucks. I have an 05 2500 duramax 4x4 now. Im ready to move down to a 150 or 1500. I rode in the back seat of a 18' F150 and there is twice as much room back there without a doubt. He said he gets 21-22 mpg and has a heavy foot. Im getting old I guess. He had a camper shell that I really liked too. He also had a full size slide out tray in the bed. That was the bomb!
    The major part is my wife is on board with getting a 17-18 used one. That's unheard of at my house. Yes I still have my man card!!

Yalls thoughts???

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    I am not loyal to brands but I have always had Chevy Suburbans and Trucks. I have an 05 2500 duramax 4x4 now. Im ready to move down to a 150 or 1500. I rode in the back seat of a 18' F150 and there is twice as much room back there without a doubt. He said he gets 21-22 mpg and has a heavy foot. Im getting old I guess. He had a camper shell that I really liked too. He also had a full size slide out tray in the bed. That was the bomb!

The major part is my wife is on board with getting a 17-18 used one. That's unheard of at my house. Yes I still have my man card!!

Yalls thoughts???

Had a ‘12. Loved the get up and go. Nothing eco about my truck though. I hear the newer ones are better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some good rebates on 2019 models right now when I looked a few weeks back

Comment

I’m just here to talk you into it. I’m looking at picking up the 3.5 in an xlt and adding all the goodies. I’ve had a few and love em. As for buying only a couple years old I’d suggest buying new. Get a warranty, brand new truck, and the price is not going to be much different. And better Finance terms available. Used market is cray cray right now. Year end deals right now too. The question is not if to get one.....just what color??[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You will love it buy one!!!

Comment

Do it. We have had my wife's '18 Expy 4wd with the 3.5L EcoBoost and absolutely love it. We just got back from a 1000 mile round trip over Thanksgiving,.much of it traveling 80 mph and averaged 20 7 mpg based on the trip. Actual mpg during the week in Houston traffic has been 18.5 mpg.

This is with the 10-spd transmission, so not sure of the '18 F150 had that feature or not.

Comment

I've always been a Chevy guy as well but will have to admit the Ecoboost get great gas milage and have tons of power for pulling. A work mate of mine has one and I have been very impressed. The interior is much larger as well. I have been warned by several mechanic buddies of mine that the Ecoboost will be a nightmare at high miles due to the turbo wearing out the engine. With all that being said I would buy one and get rid of it before it hits 100k miles.

Comment

I think your better deal would be a new one. Used 1-2 year old trucks are stupid priced.

Comment

I had a 2011 with 35's. Loved the truck, fuel mileage was terrible but it had plenty of power. That little engine screams.

I upgraded to a F250 when we got a camper. The Ecoboost had plenty of power to pull it but the fuel mileage was 5-6 MPG. I have a heavy foot.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                    I had a 2011 with 35's. Loved the truck, fuel mileage was terrible but it had plenty of power. That little engine screams.

I upgraded to a F250 when we got a camper. The Ecoboost had plenty of power to pull it but the fuel mileage was 5-6 MPG. I have a heavy foot.

Then big tires kill fuel mileage. Almost need to get it regeared. Been there down that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar Angler View Post
                      I think your better deal would be a new one. Used 1-2 year old trucks are stupid priced.
                      I ve noticed that. I haven't been truck shopping in years. Sure makes it easy to keep your old one

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                        I’m just here to talk you into it. I’m looking at picking up the 3.5 in an xlt and adding all the goodies. I’ve had a few and love em. As for buying only a couple years old I’d suggest buying new. Get a warranty, brand new truck, and the price is not going to be much different. And better Finance terms available. Used market is cray cray right now. Year end deals right now too. The question is not if to get one.....just what color??[emoji6]

Whats all the goodies?

Comment

Steel bumpers, leveling kit, 33” wheels and black wheels, Katskin leather interior, spray in bed liner, window tint and maybe a tune if it needs it. I really like the Abyss grey with black wheels. I can do all that and it’s still cheaper than a King Ranch and maybe even a lariat.

Comment

Y’all are getting better mpg out of the ecoboosts 4x4 than I have heard. I thought they only got around 17average.
                            I have an F150 with 5.0 and average about 13.5 but have 35” tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post

Yalls thoughts???
                              I'm here to talk you into it. I have ~106k on my 2015 and love it. A third of that is towing a boat, tractor, travel trailer, hay, or a flatbed utility. I a have airlift helper springs and this thing is a towing machine.

I don't get anywhere NEAR 21-22 mpg. I have slightly larger than stock 33' BFGs and a 1.5 leveling kit. If I drive easy for a tank I can get 16 or 17. On the hwy If I go 60-65 I can get 20 or so. Who goes 60 on the freeway?

Much better mpg than the 4.6 V8 (easy driving it got 13 or 14 and was a terd) it replaced and it is the most power you can get in a half ton, 6.2 Chevy technically makes more power, but only when it is cool and at sea level. The turbos don't even drop off at altitude. That is nice when you travel out west.

Comment

Working...
                              X