No announcement yet.

Arizona otc mule deer hunt in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I coues hunt the Corondao area every year and yes the advise to extend your shooting range is good advise. The average shot our group takes out there is easily 300-500 yards. Last year I took mine at over 800 so practice practice..

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
      Usually in January I won’t back pack in so I don’t take much in my backpack. Game bags and you food and water for the day. I stay in RV as well. Nice to sleep in warm bed!!! [emoji106]. Good luck in your hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I need to pick your brain?

Comment

Just moved here from the Phoenix area. I hunted Unit 29 but prefer Unit 23. More pines and real trees vs Unit 29. I always hunt the middle section of the 609 road on the east end of the burn area, 6 plus years now so growing up pretty good with the brush. Also in in the south of the unit so whenever there was a good snow it was not affected as bad as the north end of the unit.

Comment

When do they start selling the otc permits? this would certainly be a hunt i'd like to look into for the future.

Comment

I am not sure on the actual date they start selling them. But the season is January 1-15 in this unit. Other units go till the 31st

And this is an archery only season during the rut.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
              I need to pick your brain?

I need to pick your brain too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM me if y'all are going to stop in Tucson

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Having never done that hunt but having done similar hunts, my advice would be make sure you have decent glass and a tripod. Spend most of your time behind it.

Comment

Got my new Exo pack. Now I need to figure out what I want to take.

Comment

Anyone have any tips on flying with your bow ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie0959 View Post
                          Got my new Exo pack. Now I need to figure out what I want to take.
                          What size exo?

Suggestions:
                          Baby wipes
                          First aid
                          Extra snacks
                          Glassing pad for your arse
                          Knives
                          Games bags
                          Para cord
                          Lighter/matches
                          Headlamp
                          Range finder
                          Batteries
                          Folding Allen wrench set

Comment

I've never hunted mikeys before.

Comment

Me and a couple other TBHers went to Unit 27 this past January. It was a cool experience and I'll definitely be returning. All of us got within range but no one closed the deal. You don't necessarily need to be taking super long shots as others have said, we got within 30yds a couple of times - you just need to be patient and careful (and sneaky).

My advice is to find water. Get up early, glass all day. The ground is crunchy and makes stalking difficult so keep an extra pair of socks in the bag to throw on. I did notice that mulies are not like white tails - if you spook them and the wind is still in your favor just stay put, they'll often circle back around to the same spot.

We were seeing the most deer around 4500', but the hunter density was also pushing some to higher elevations.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                                X