No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Chaparral WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew for December 14-18 this year. Will be my second time out to Chap, but first for the GDE hunt.

First time to the WMA was for a management hunt a few years back. I had a doe walk up to about 30 yards the first morning and let her pass then saw nothing else the rest of the trip. Went to San Saba county the next weekend on a low fenced ranch of a friend and had shooters choice on just about anything. Hoping this year the Chaparral turns out better.

Comment

I will be there for sb. Maroon f250.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        I will be there for sb. Maroon f250.
        Hopefully the same. Dad is battling stage 4 lung and bone cancer. I hope to return to Chap with him.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
          Hopefully the same. Dad is battling stage 4 lung and bone cancer. I hope to return to Chap with him.

Hate hearing this! I will pray for your dad man!

Comment

Anyone see the helicopter survey pics posted to their Facebook page. OMG.....

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Anyone see the helicopter survey pics posted to their Facebook page. OMG.....
              that big 6 with a 12" drop tine looks pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                that big 6 with a 12" drop tine looks pretty cool
                Need to scroll back thru them. Didn't see that one.

Comment

Comment

My dad and I will be there for 12/1 hunt. We will be in a silver f250 with a camper shell. We will also be camping in camp ground to save some drive time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jus some old info back in 2002 we hunted the North Jay pasture. We took a 150 an 2 130s. Hunt of a lifetime!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a buddy who got drawn for the 12/14-12/18 hunt. Do y’all know if non-permitted hunters (me) are allowed to tag along with a permitted hunter?

I would just be there for support and the experience. He is the one that will have the tag

Comment

You might be able to stay at the camp area, but they won't allow non-permitted hunters in the field unless they are supervising a youth hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                            You might be able to stay at the camp area, but they won't allow non-permitted hunters in the field unless they are supervising a youth hunter.

You can call and ask but I can tell you now it's going to be a no.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                              You can call and ask but I can tell you now it's going to be a no.
                              Years ago at another WMA, my son drew a youth hunt. My wife wanted to tag along. I called and ask. Big no!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyBottomAg View Post
                                I have a buddy who got drawn for the 12/14-12/18 hunt. Do y’all know if non-permitted hunters (me) are allowed to tag along with a permitted hunter?

I would just be there for support and the experience. He is the one that will have the tag

Sounds like your best bet is to hope to get drawn as a standby.

Comment

Working...
                                X