No announcement yet.

DRT, Ellis and Jmh05 hunt live at London Oaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd post pics of my Axis, but I was told that some people get really butt hurt about posting wheel bow kill LDP's in the trad forum...I'll let the thread decide if I can post it.

Comment

We ate like kings. Cooked axis and WT deer sausage along with jalapeƱo poppers for lunch.

Then we had an incredible dinner of steaks, potatoes followed by dessert- key lime pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200919_203441.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	24632082Got an auodad ewe. Great shot and profuse blood trail but she still ran 100 yards plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
          I'd post pics of my Axis, but I was told that some people get really butt hurt about posting wheel bow kill LDP's in the trad forum...I'll let the thread decide if I can post it.
          Don't post it in the trad section, post it on the Campfire section. Congratulations on the kill.

Comment

Tim got some nice pics he will distribute to us and we can post them. In the blind for one last go. Pretty darn cool and hopefully there will be some action although mornings have been slightly slower than evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
              Don't post it in the trad section, post it on the Campfire section. Congratulations on the kill.
              For a mixed thread where we brought a variety of bows, the elitist butt hurt has been verified. I'll refrain from posting any other pics from the blinds, camp or kills that may have a compound bow, case or arrows visible.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                [ATTACH]1019891[/ATTACH]Got an auodad ewe. Great shot and profuse blood trail but she still ran 100 yards plus.
                I'm starting to wonder if those just aren't the toughest animals to kill out there. Congrats!

Comment

Phillip is a good guy and that has been the standard here since I've been involved in traditional archery. Albiet that is not a really long time.
                  He said he'd like to see the pics, as I'm sure many on TBH would but suggested you post them on ATC.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Phillip is a good guy and that has been the standard here since I've been involved in traditional archery. Albiet that is not a really long time.
                    He said he'd like to see the pics, as I'm sure many on TBH would but suggested you post them on ATC.
                    It is still a big part of this thread and story though, but alas I did not want to ruffle feathers of people who easily get offended by compound bows hence why I asked and did not post it here. It's in the ATC section.

Did Ellis knock anything down?

Comment

Good deal cause he is a nice axis. I wasn't shooting well in practice and two came in last night . One a shooter and he just wouldn't close the distance or even give me a good angle. I wasn't going to push the range as inconsistent as I was practicing. Wish I had my Primaltech recurve.
                      However I plan to come back next year and get one.
                      This is one of the nicest set ups I've had the pleasure of enjoying. Great facilities, hunting and hosts. Can't say enough positive. Makes me very happy the other places were booked as this will be a goto destination for me.

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the kind words guys. We have worked really hard to try to create a world class bowhunting ranch..
                        We have tried to take the best from places we have hunted, and avoid some of the problems we have seen.
                        The crew this weekend was a perfect example of the kind of hunters that we want to attract.
                        Class guys all the way around! Great Camaraderie, always great when you can spend 3 days hunting with a groups d you are looking forward to them coming back.
                        Only thing that would have made it better was that if Bisch could have been there. He has worked his butt off getting everything ready for this weekend and the upcoming season.

Gonna take a stab at posting your pic Gary

Comment

I'll just echo the sentiments expressed above regarding the company and ranch -- great camaraderie and fellowship all the way around in camp, and the ranch is truly remarkable. Personally saw HERDS of gemsbock, wildebeast, scymitar-horned oryx, along with lots of axis bucks and does, plus fallow deer, blackbuck and aoudad. Also saw a nilgai bull at about 75 yards -- huge animal. Passed up a 10-yard chance at a trophy aoudad with huge horns yesterday evening late due to trying to get a scimitar today. Tim and his son Jake did all they could to get the opportunity at the scimitar, but luck was not on our side. I'll be back sooner rather than later, for sure!

Comment

Post it. This phone isn't gonna allow me to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is the axis doe.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Gary.

Comment

Working...
                                X