Lease contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    I would not lease a ranch with out a written and signed contract - if I am going to pay for feed and help manage a place I want some type of assurance that we can keep it for a set period of time. Unfortunately hand shake deals can go south real quick on a deer lease
    Every deal I've seen go south was with a contract. What are you going to do if the LO tells you to get off? You're going to get off...lol. Unless you want to spend thousands fighting with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post
      Just got my first lease. Always hunted on a friend’s before. How common is it to sign a contract and liability release?
      Nothing personal but I wouldn't let anyone on my property without one... I added provisions in mine for a refund if the property gets sold out from under them so that made both parties very comforatble.

Comment

interesting story, I lease a small tract of land next to our large lease. Picked it up in 2011 leasing it directly from an attorney who owned it. Signed a contract that year and have just sent renewal checks to his office every year since. Back in December I sent in the lease dues for 2021/22 season just like every year. Got a call last week from a very nice lady who said she was the attorneys daughter and that he had past away in 2019. She said they had no idea what the check was for or even what piece of land it was for. Said they had no paperwork except for a ledger of payment from me every year. She was shocked that we had leased from her dad for 10 years and never once had an issue and no contract in place since the first year. Need less to say we are back to signing a contract every year :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
          Every deal I've seen go south was with a contract. What are you going to do if the LO tells you to get off? You're going to get off...lol. Unless you want to spend thousands fighting with him.
          depends on how the lease agreement is written - to each his own -

and yes I would have no problem enforcing a legal contract - no different from any other legal contract

Comment

depends on how the lease agreement is written - to each his own -

and yes I would have no problem enforcing a legal contract - no different from any other legal contract

Maybe you would. Most people wouldn’t spend more to enforce the contract than it costs to walk away from. I’ve seen threads on here about the veery thing. If they want you gone, you’re gone.

Comment

For me it's not about that. It's about what is and isn't allowed. Expectations, exceptions and consequences for failure to follow rules.
              For example use of ranch roads and off road vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                For me it's not about that. It's about what is and isn't allowed. Expectations, exceptions and consequences for failure to follow rules.

Definitely not bad to make sure you’re on the same page with that stuff. My current lease is just 3 of us and I’m the youngest at 48. We just act like we have a brain and never a problem.

Comment

Maybe you would. Most people wouldn’t spend more to enforce the contract than it costs to walk away from. I’ve seen threads on here about the veery thing. If they want you gone, you’re gone.
                  On a lease for 13 years - top end south texas ranch - our lease cost per year? $200,000 - better bet I would take legal action if the contract was broken

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

you are correct - agreement just spells out what is expected from both parties

Comment

Comment

On a lease for 13 years - top end south texas ranch - our lease cost per year? $200,000 - better bet I would take legal action if the contract was broken

I would too in that case. I’m just saying I’ve seen it happen first hand. The ranch sold and the new owner didn’t want hunters. One member spent a small fortune and ended up gone just like us.

Comment

I have have signed contracts and waivers on most of my leases in the past but actually don’t have either on current leases. But they are more short term/season only.

Comment

Working...
                          X