• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericmac214 View Post
    Have a ATN thermal on one and love it for night hog hunting
    ATN and 300 BO

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
      I own a few, one a pistol and I like the round for what it is.

It was designed to be a CQC round to replace handgun rounds that were in submachine guns, like 9mm.

So it gives more knockdown at close quarters without over penetrating, but also extended the range for rooftop threats.

It wasn't meant to be a replacement for 5.56 or any other rifle round.

I haven't had any issues at under 150 yards dropping hogs with 110 VMax rounds. I enjoy it suppressed at lower yardages with sub-sonic rounds as well.
      This! It’s a voice of reason. Don’t make it something that it’s not.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
        This! It’s a voice of reason. Don’t make it something that it’s not.
        The other advantage is you can shoot it in an 8" barrel at night and still be able to see. The powder is burnt before the muzzle. In a 5.56 I believe you need a 13" barrel to avoid the fireball.

The other advantage for the round is the parent case is 5.56, so in a normal ammunition market (not the last year) you should be able to get ammo inexpensively because manufacturers can produce it without many changes to equipment.

I don't think 5.56 is a great hunting round either unless your target is two-legged. Doesn't mean it won't work but there are better options.

That being said, I own a few of those too.

Comment

I love my SBR but admit it's insanely accurate for an AR...sold my bolt gun as 22 rimfire is where the fun suppressed is. The 110 Barnes are effective on our little deer within it's range limit but rarely pull it out if whitetail is on the menu. There is no reason to switch or buy another upper in a 6.5 or 6.8 for what I use it for. One of my favorite truck guns for sure.

If I was starting from scratch & wanted a strictly hunting ar for medium game them the 6.5 is a little sexier / better equipped for the application.

Comment

It has its place:
            -efficiently suppressed
            -easily converted from a very cheap wildly available case
            -30 cal... so is most everything else I shoot
            -moving slower so far less over penetration concerns
            —when shooting hogs on big acreage where cattle are involved, this is a plus
            -low recoil, great for kids to learn with
            -runs great on an AR platform including standard mags

There are negatives but the haters already lined them out pretty well. I mostly use for when driving around 15k acres shooting hogs at night on a cattle ranch or when a kid is involved. I also enjoy tinkering with reloading and it’s a fairly cheap round to do that with.

Comment

i agree with most posts "pass" ... most people don't have the skill to shoot 300blk and make an ethical kill ...

it's not a power house , it drops like a rock, it's slow...

as a matter of fact , it's almost as bad as shooting a bow! and why would anyone want to do that????

pic is ... 110gr vmax. 280 yards 2.1mil 300blk heart shot.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJYckvdFbbU&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]Texas night hog hunt 300 AAC Blackout subsonic Suppressed - YouTube[/ame]
              Attached Files
              Last edited by imyomama; 04-15-2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I've found zero uses for it. I shot a small boar hog twice in the head, 1.5" below the ear, and he was still trying to bite me when I got to him. That is not acceptable to me.

Aside from being quiet, there's nothing it's as good at as the Grendel, or the 6.8.
                Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-15-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                  It was designed to be a CQC round to replace handgun rounds that were in submachine guns, like 9mm.

So it gives more knockdown at close quarters without over penetrating, but also extended the range for rooftop threats.

It wasn't meant to be a replacement for 5.56 or any other rifle round.

I haven't had any issues at under 150 yards dropping hogs with 110 VMax rounds. I enjoy it suppressed at lower yardages with sub-sonic rounds as well.
                  This, I love my sbr and it's fun suppressed. I haven't had issues on pigs I've shot around 100 and in with supers and 50 and under with subs

Comment

If you want one get it in a pistol. They are very efficient in short barrels.

Like Gummi I love mine. Any time I’m at the lease in the truck or on the golf cart, it’s what rides every time. Mine is an 8” SBR and it’s killed a butt load of deer, pigs and coyotes.

I know for a fact that 110 grain Barnes TAC-TX bullets at 2315fps will flat out mess a Coyote up at 125 yards. Shot him square in the chest facing me and it came out in that broken hip/elbow joint and took half his insides with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My boy loves to practice with it and has killed several whitetail over the last 2 years shooting Barnes 110 TAC-TX rounds. It’s great for the range I’ll allow him which is inside 100 yards.

Comment

the moped of the gun world.

kind of fun, but essentially useless.

the best use I've personally found is a decent truck gun. I have one with a 9" barrel. with the suppressor it's about the same size as a 16" AR. quiet gun to use to wound pigs and splash pond turtles driving around the lease.
                        Last edited by kyle1974; 04-15-2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Enjoy mine.
                          Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            If you want one get it in a pistol. They are very efficient in short barrels.

Like Gummi I love mine. Any time I’m at the lease in the truck or on the golf cart, it’s what rides every time. Mine is an 8” SBR and it’s killed a butt load of deer, pigs and coyotes.

I know for a fact that 110 grain Barnes TAC-TX bullets at 2315fps will flat out mess a Coyote up at 125 yards. Shot him square in the chest facing me and it came out in that broken hip/elbow joint and took half his insides with it.

100% agree.

I love my DD M4PDW, it serves the needs it needs to.

It also fits in my laptop bag.

Comment

.300 bounce off...

Comment

Opinions of 300 Blackout

Junk unless you just want to shoot paper and steel with subs and a suppressor for fun. They’re entertaining for that purpose, but if I’ll just shoot a suppressed .22 if I want to plink with something quiet. I had one for a solid week before I got rid of it.

Way better options out there for a killing cartridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Raider4044; 04-16-2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X