• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got stone today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great!
      Unless you have specific landscaping plans for the dirt area between your slab and sidewalks, I think you're gonna end up having ongoing trouble with weeds and grass growing in there, which turns into a PITA. I'm yet to find any material that is truly "weed proof", that lasts longer than a few years. And spraying weed killer on it, is just temporary, as well. I've got plans to pour concrete at my shop to cure this very problem.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
        Great info - maybe a little more costly but thinking 1/2” all the way around.

Brunner, I am in the process of doing the same thing. I will get pictures later this morning.

I used 5/8" T&G just because. it lays better on the walls. One wall I covered with old fence slats, one other wall I am going to use a fabric material to cover plywood.

As stated before, do yourself a big favor and spray insulate walls and ceilings, you'll thank us later.

I am just going to stain my floor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
          Brunner, I am in the process of doing the same thing. I will get pictures later this morning.

I used 5/8" T&G just because. it lays better on the walls. One wall I covered with old fence slats, one other wall I am going to use a fabric material to cover plywood.

As stated before, do yourself a big favor and spray insulate walls and ceilings, you'll thank us later.

I am just going to stain my floor.

So glad someone else is one same project.

These are all very like minded ideas I’ve had.

Definitely staining concrete.

Definitely spray insulation.

Did you use open cell or closed cell Insulation?

Comment

So glad someone else is one same project.

These are all very like minded ideas I’ve had.

Definitely staining concrete.

Definitely spray insulation.

Did you use open cell or closed cell Insulation?

I sprayed every exterior surface( walls and ceiling) with 2" of closed cell. Then where I put my apartment and trophy room I came back and sprayed 4"-6" of open cell in the walls and on top of the closed cell.

All I can tell you is when its 30* outside it stayed 60*in my apt and in trophy room.

100* outside it stayed mid 70's inside.

I'll get pictures today and post them.

These pictures are of the wall that divides trophy room from apartment. I built upstairs storage and out a mini split in there to keep the wife's "stuff" climate controlled.

Comment

Very nice, I'll be tuning in

Comment

The 2” CLOSED CELL spray foam is worth every red cent trust me! Looking great so far!
                Last edited by RascalArms; 03-28-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

That looks Awesome!

Do you mind sharing the cost of the insulation?? PM if you would rather not post on here.

Comment

I sprayed every exterior surface( walls and ceiling) with 2" of closed cell. Then where I put my apartment and trophy room I came back and sprayed 4"-6" of open cell in the walls and on top of the closed cell.

All I can tell you is when its 30* outside it stayed 60*in my apt and in trophy room.

100* outside it stayed mid 70's inside.

I'll get pictures today and post them.

These pictures are of the wall that divides trophy room from apartment. I built upstairs storage and out a mini split in there to keep the wife's "stuff" climate controlled.

Thanks for the intel JunkMan!! This is great info!!

On your exterior walls did you use 2x4 framing?

I’m little confused how did you add 4-6” of open cell on top of the closed cell?

Can you explain that?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Thanks for the intel JunkMan!! This is great info!!

On your exterior walls did you use 2x4 framing?

I’m little confused how did you add 4-6” of open cell on top of the closed cell?

Can you explain that?

Brunner, I used 3-5/8" metal framing for my interior walls.

What I did was fastened my studs to the horizontal perlins. I had my walls framed and one sided before the spray insulators got there. I had them spray closed cell first and then when they sprayed the open cell I had them come back over the closed cell. It cost a bit more but it was well worth it.

The closed cell really tightens up the building and gives some R value, then adding open cell it really makes it efficient.

You can see in these pictures the walls one sided.

Comment

Brunner, I used 3-5/8" metal framing for my interior walls.

What I did was fastened my studs to the horizontal perlins. I had my walls framed and one sided before the spray insulators got there. I had them spray closed cell first and then when they sprayed the open cell I had them come back over the closed cell. It cost a bit more but it was well worth it.

The closed cell really tightens up the building and gives some R value, then adding open cell it really makes it efficient.

You can see in these pictures the walls one sided.

Great info thanks!

Comment

JunkMan do you think you will need to run a dehumidifier due to it being too sealed?

Comment

JunkMan do you think you will need to run a dehumidifier due to it being too sealed?

As of right now I haven't seen the need. I know this sounds crazy, but we keep the living quarters at 76 in the summer. We don't like the cold. We haven't had AC or heat on the last couple weeks, as long as it stays above 62 we don't run heat.

Comment

Working...
                              X