Well it has started...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    Full/max unemployment is about $440 a week.
    The way I understand it, the stimulus bill when passed will add $600 to this amount so most of the people will get a pretty good weekly check.
    Will be a raise to not work for some.

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
      The way I understand it, the stimulus bill when passed will add $600 to this amount so most of the people will get a pretty good weekly check.
      ok, I hadn't seen that. It wouldn't be the worst thing to increase the amount. Unemployment is an insurance program that people/employers pay into. when you're told you can claim on insurance, and it's about 1/5th of your salary, it's not exactly helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by JCSO9530 View Post
        For the OP, what kind of dog training do you do and where?
        I asked earlier and no reply. I am also interested.

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
          Yeah that's the way I understand it.

Comment

My nephew works for OXY in Houston and they've been told a 30% across-the-board pay cut is coming April 1st. The company my son works for is whacking salaries by 15-25% depending on your income. I think this strategy implies that they think the business slump will be relatively short-lived. If they can survive by cutting payroll while still keeping talent in-house they won't have to staff-up all over again when things settle down. It stinks but what can you do? Most will have to suck it up and figure out how to make it on reduced pay - no jobs available and most have to have the medical benefits

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
              I am making a huge change in my career hopefully in the next six months.. Getting all the applications in tomorrow.. Wish me luck.
              Good luck. What are you switching too?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Good luck. What are you switching too?

I am going to become a lineman. I have a bunch of buddies that have been doing it since college and they all love it. 15 week school and 80%+ of the graduates have a job when they graduate. Steady work that will always be needed. No matter what happens. Sent my application in this morning for the school that starts in May. Kinda stinks I won’t be using my fancy A&M degree but oh well lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  If you get a pink slip you can draw 39 weeks of full pay unemployment.

People gonna be begging for pink slips next week.
                  I've only been on unemployment one time in my life and that was 30 years ago. Sure wasn't full pay though.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    I am going to become a lineman. I have a bunch of buddies that have been doing it since college and they all love it. 15 week school and 80%+ of the graduates have a job when they graduate. Steady work that will always be needed. No matter what happens. Sent my application in this morning for the school that starts in May. Kinda stinks I won’t be using my fancy A&M degree but oh well lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Nice. My wife's cousin is one. He loves it

Comment

So you can make equivalent to $50k a year for being unemployed? Unreal.

Comment

CEO of Texas Roadhouse voluntarily gave up his base salary and bonus for the rest of the year to help his hourly employees.
                        Helps that he made $8.1 mil two years ago.
                        Still not too many CEOs are going to give up their money to make sure their hourly employees make it through this time.

Comment

Working...
                        X