No announcement yet.

Dave Ramsey free for 14 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for those that need it. It's great information for everyone's finances anyway.

Comment

I would definitely recommend as we're on the cusp of only having our mortgage as debt after being on the program for 12 months. At the worst I would get the every dollar budget app... that in itself has worked wonders to keep track on where our money is going.

Comment

My wife came into our office yesterday, and told me thank you for getting us financially prepared. 6 years ago, we had student loans, credit cards, toys, you name it. Paid it all off, have a large emergency fund and mortgage to worry about. Times like these really hit home, it can be done!

I did not follow Dave Ramsey's plan, we created our own that fit us.

Comment

I did my own plan until I found the total money makeover book. I put a bit of a twist on his plan by paying my high interest loans down first. But making a decision to go after the goal of being debt free was amazing. We became debt free and then save a large down payment to build our new home. The programs only works if you work at it. Self discipline is the issue. I believe if you are in a bad spot this program and some effort will get you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
            I did my own plan until I found the total money makeover book. I put a bit of a twist on his plan by paying my high interest loans down first. But making a decision to go after the goal of being debt free was amazing. We became debt free and then save a large down payment to build our new home. The programs only works if you work at it. Self discipline is the issue. I believe if you are in a bad spot this program and some effort will get you out.
            I agree with you 100%

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

There’s a lot of negativity about DR out there but seems like everyone that has something negative to say are still in Debt. DR is a game changer and recommend to everyone I can.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                There’s a lot of negativity about DR out there but seems like everyone that has something negative to say are still in Debt. DR is a game changer and recommend to everyone I can.
                Truth!

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                  Truth!
                  YEP^^

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                    I started the Dave Ramsey thing 10+ years ago. I did NOT follow everything to a T but for the most part, its just common sense stuff. The wife and I do well and only have mortgage as debt. I obviously don't like the times we are living in currently but if either of us were to lose our job, we have plenty of money to live on for quite some time. I'd encourage anyone that is curious about it to check it out.

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One of the reasons my wife and I feel much more prepared for what's going on is because we went through financial peace about a decade ago. We have seen him in person a few times and I have also read all of his books.

Comment

People are negative towards his investment advice, not his money-saving, get out of debt advice.

Comment

His get out of debt advice is outstanding. I hope that many many more people turn to his plan as a result of this Covid fiasco. With that being said, his investment advice is garbage. And fyi, I am not in debt.

Comment

Agree - limiting or eliminating debt is always a good idea and just common sense. DR has a platform for folks to follow if they haven't been able to do it by themselves.

His investment advice is very dangerous IMO -

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              His get out of debt advice is outstanding. I hope that many many more people turn to his plan as a result of this Covid fiasco. With that being said, his investment advice is garbage. And fyi, I am not in debt.
                              What do you not like about his investment advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                                What do you not like about his investment advice?

I have heard him on the radio telling retired/older folks to put 100% into mutual funds because they will earn 10-12% a year (as though it is guaranteed).

He totally disregards the fact that retired folks who are drawing their income off of their savings may never recover if they continue drawing income in a bear market (aka our current situation or the 2008-2009 debacle).

He does not have a securities license to give investment advice but does so anyway -

Comment

Working...
                                X