Chevy- never again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
    I faithfully drank the GM koolaid until i bought a 95 6.5 diesel. Four injector pumps in 127,000 miles and i was done. I am no longer an unwilling participant in the GM R&D program.
    I was actually selling Chevrolet during that time and refused to sell a diesel. It wasn't worth the time I would spend with a customer in the service department for a $200 commission... If they wouldn't change to a 8.1 I would simply say I couldn't get one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

The way I look at it is you spent 6 months of a car note to fix it, if everything else is still good keep driving it! My 2012 Silverado has only ever had issues with wheel sensors.

Comment

Now tell us ALL the bad stories on Ford,Dodge

Comment

Originally posted by dhall View Post
          Now tell us ALL the bad stories on Ford,Dodge

I really didn’t intend for this thread to turn into a brand p:$$:&@ match, but I can see how it went there- my bad.
          I’ve never been brand loyal either- I’ve driven Fords, nissans, Infiniti’s, hondas, Toyota’s - just never the problems we’ve had with this Chevy- expensive things that shouldn’t go wrong as early in its life cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowFever View Post
            Why can no thread stay on track........... who knows???

OP, this is a PSB from GM and a common defect, had mine fixed for free.... PM me for info if needed......

Thanks- I’ll msg you.

Comment

I have a 2007 Tacoma and the thing just won't die. I was not loyal to Toyota by any means just had an uncle that hooked me up at the dealership. Over 200,000 miles and nothing but minor/routine repairs done. And I have beat the ever living crap out of this thing while hunting and fishing. I may have just got lucky I don't know...but my next truck will be a Toyota as well purely from MY EXPERIENCE with my current one.

Comment

Originally posted by muley4x4 View Post
                I replaced the condenser in our 15’ Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. Cost me about $115 all in after the recharge. We were on the way back from Florida when it went out.
                If you did it for $115 with a recharge you will be doing it again before long, buying cheap parts never pays off in the longrun.

Comment

I had the same problem on my 2015 - the AC and several other problems hit right at 80,000 miles. I traded it in for a Toyota and have been very happy.

Comment

I used to be habitual buyer and have owned so many vehicles it is almost goofy but fun. My go to for basic reliable truck is Ford. With so many vehicles, I never owned a Dodge but certainly considered a Cummings when heavy pulling was needed. My Chevy's were nice but lots of petty issues which I can not tolerate so they never stayed long. I liked them but my Fords give me less headaches. My Chevy's all got better fuel economy though. My last Company Owned work truck was basic Chevy and was a great ride for stripped down 5.3 and got great gas mileage. My Ford 4.6 2010 current gulps fuel in town and mediocre on the highway. But is and has mostly been trouble free for 10 years. Drove an old hard body Nissan which was a great small 4x4 until a kiddo smashed me good. Only Toyota owned was a car and it was very bad. I would drive a Tundra but over priced.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
                      I quest they don’t build them like they use to, I have a 2001 GMC Sierra 19 years old and still has cold air and the engine, AC and transmission hasn’t been worked on.
                      Same thing with my 2004 F150. Like the Energizer Bunny....just keeps going and going.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Chaney View Post
                        I drove a 2015 Silverado for a company truck, had to replace the computer at around 40k, ac went out around 65k, transmission went at 99k... lady rear ended me and totaled the truck at 102k, no problems since then[emoji16]

This where in am with my 2015...just haven't been hit.

You forgot about the door lock actuater breaking (and the replacement also breaking) in yr 1, the incessant rattles popping up in the dash from day 3, the computer that controls the memory seats in year 1 and its replacement in year 2, the onstar antenna being replaced in year 2, the motors in the mirrors going out in year 3, the seatbelt going on recall twice, the brake vacuum booster going on recall, the power steering going on recall and the metal on metal chirping when the exhaust valves open to switch from v4 to v8.

I don't know what Chevy did wrong in 2014/2015...by they did it over and over and over. Other brands have problems too, but Chevy lost my loyalty with this piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          Curious.... Why does every Toyota dealer have a service department?
                          Lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was a F150 guy ever since I started driving. Bought a new 2014 F150 off the lot with 00,031 miles on it and traded it in after it's 4th transmission at 67K miles! Got into a Tundra and never looked back.

Comment

The only problem I've had with my last 3 cheby trucks' AC system is they freeze me to death. My 2019 High Country I just bought last year has an Auto temp feature and seems to hold temp just right. About 60 on her side and 75 on my side. Love this truck.

Comment

Y’all remember the floor vents, window vents, and sliding rear windows...dat waz da days !

I (had) a 2015 with all kinds of problems. My wife actually pointed out it was in the shop more than ANY of our past Land/Range Rovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X