• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
    My 98 GMC still own... 212k miles

2005 Chevy. 312K miles still own

2017 Chevy still own 45k miles.

2 weeks ago drove the 98 1400 miles round trip. It’s more about how you take care of them.
    I will agree with this however I do a bad job of taking care of my vehicles

Comment

We had a corolla that ate 2 water pumps before 85k and a tundra that worked and ran awesome but died at 194k. Got into a highlander that had a few electrical bugs in it that the dealer could never fix but other than that ran fine. For as much as we tried to be a Toyota family it just didn’t work out. We’ve had Hyundai 250k and sold it for nothing moved my wife to Chevrolet Traverse and she claims it’s the best car she’s ever had. I myself have been from ford, Chevy, ram, back to Chevy, and now back to a ram. Could not ever get over the dads at all the events I go to talking about how the Toyota Tacoma is the daddy of their offspring and how the Tacoma can do anything any other truck can and never lets them down so I never got one to daily drive they are as bad as the creedmoor guys and haters in my book 😆 I guess it’d be needless to say I do have an old 2003 Tacoma that has over 280k that still runs and drives great even after it’s only seen one oil change in the last 30k miles of its life.

Comment

I currently own a 2015 paid off tacoma and a 2018 4runner. Before my 4 runner i had a tacoma aswell and i love them wouldnt switch to anything else

Comment

Was a Chevy guy for a while started to have some minor issues. Last month I won a F-150. Ended up getting rid of both and buying a Tundra. So far it’s been good. Gas mileage does not bother me as I only put about 5-6K a year on my trucks and the 38 gallon tank is nice. I’ll report back once I have it for a few months.
          Attached Files

Comment

Have a tacoma and love it - 2009 with 177k miles. My work truck is a 2013 2500 Silverado that is constantly in the shop, granted it goes through some pretty heavy abuse.

Comment

They are all overpriced and one of the worst investments to make. I do not get the brand loyalty thing with a vehicle, I have never been able to sell my used ones for more than what I paid for them new. Aint no different than buying a boat or RV, I still cant figure out why anyone would want a 400k dollar diesel pusher.

All you fellers that are investment gurus on here ought to know better than to brag about one of the worst investments you have made. Buy a new truck for 40k dollars, pay on it for 5 years and at the end of the note it is worth 10k dollars. Plus all the insurance and maintenance during those 5 years of payments.

Bunch of dumbazzes.

Comment

Loved my Powerstroke. Got concerned that every time I went to a Ford dealership I would see one or two with the cab pulled so they could do a little work on the engine. Considering my financial situation, I really can't afford to pay two or three hours at what ever shop rate is currently being charged, just so the mechanic can get to a fifty dollar do-hickey that quit working. That is about the dumbest thing that I have ever seen come out of any manufacturer. Sold mine and bought a Tundra. No regrets at all. Love it! Can't take it to the dealership without them trying to buy it back. The Tundra and Tacoma are about the hottest selling used vehicle in the market.

Love how the tailgate only has two hinge points, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  They are all overpriced and one of the worst investments to make. I do not get the brand loyalty thing with a vehicle, I have never been able to sell my used ones for more than what I paid for them new. Aint no different than buying a boat or RV, I still cant figure out why anyone would want a 400k dollar diesel pusher.

All you fellers that are investment gurus on here ought to know better than to brag about one of the worst investments you have made. Buy a new truck for 40k dollars, pay on it for 5 years and at the end of the note it is worth 10k dollars. Plus all the insurance and maintenance during those 5 years of payments.

Bunch of dumbazzes.

You sir are the winner [emoji13]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Bunch of dumbazzes.

Amen

Comment

Oh and don't forget the that Toyota wave[emoji112]

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Oh and don't forget the that Toyota wave[emoji112]

Oh what a feeling!

Evertime I go buy a new vehicle I get that feeling in my backside.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          Most reliable...Maybe
                          Best? Far from it.
                          Every manufacturer offers a half ton truck with more power, payload, towing capacity, and mpg than the Toyota.
                          With that said, my next truck just may be the tundra.
                          Best is not defined by power, towing capacity, payload, or mpg.
                          Longevity is how I define best, and Toyota/Honda have been there for as long as I can remember.
                          I'm not interested in mpg if half my engine stays shut down all the time, payload if it won't run, etc...
                          As far as most reliable, that's a Definitely, not a Maybe.
                          The resale on them speaks for itself.
                          400k here in 2 separate Tundra, and I've changed a wheel bearing, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            I have to hand it to you Toyota fanboys. Y’all are diehard!
                            Just like our vehicles. Tough to put down.

I’m just messing with you. Lol, I’m sure all other brands are great, I’ve just had great luck out of Toyota.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Best is not defined by power, towing capacity, payload, or mpg.
                              Longevity is how I define best, and Toyota/Honda have been there for as long as I can remember.
                              That's your opinion...
                              Obviously you're in the minority, judging by Tundra sales.

Comment

Bunch of dumbazzes.

Yep, and the price of deer meat per pound after paying for a lease, feed, bows, guns, atv’s, etc is a great investment also. Why stop at trucks? Hell, why invest in clothes and undies when you can go naked or dumpster dive for free stuff. See... we can all play Dave Ramsey wanna be’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X