Clear All

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
    ***...125 for this thing, i should have put it on craigslist lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
      ***...125 for this thing, i should have put it on craigslist lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      I didn't even see that. I just looked at the picture.

Comment

This one came strolling through the calf barn like he owned the place yesterday. Last I saw him he crawled under the feed truck and headed for the cooling pond
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          This one came strolling through the calf barn like he owned the place yesterday. Last I saw him he crawled under the feed truck and headed for the cooling pond
          Those are pretty good eatin. Kinda hard to clean but they're pretty good fried up like chicken. I've always heard soft shelled turtles are better but I haven't tried one of those yet.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            Those are pretty good eatin. Kinda hard to clean but they're pretty good fried up like chicken. I've always heard soft shelled turtles are better but I haven't tried one of those yet.
            There’s probably 10-12 soft shells in the cooling pond that are MASSIVE

I’ve heard they are both good eating.... but I ain’t that hungry and they are pretty cool to watch

Comment

I say they're pretty good but I like alligator and snake and all that too. All reptiles pretty much taste the same to me. I'm not the best cook so I'd imagine somebody that knows what they're doing could cook them up to where they're really good.

Comment

It's the Box Turtle rut.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Wife caught this one at home today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small world. Opened the garage and found this one this afternoon.

Put him up on the trash can for a pic then took him to the creek down the street.

Comment

Love those little box turtles. We used to have an Australian shepherd that loved finding them and bringing them up on the porch. He'd carry em around try to wait on them to poke their heads out. Eventually he'd get bored and they'd wander off. Then he'd catch them again. We started marking the shells with fingernail polish to see how many were repeat customers. He surprisingly found a lot of different ones. He was a strange dog. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Wife caught this one at home today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Not sure if it was illegal to possess when I was a kid, but I had one and named it Raphael from the Ninja turtles. It was a pretty good pet.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                        Small world. Opened the garage and found this one this afternoon.

Put him up on the trash can for a pic then took him to the creek down the street.

These logger heads will make the best pets you ever had !
                        They can bite the hands off your enemies.

Comment

Funny I see this thread now. I saw a box turtle in the middle of the street 15 minutes ago on my way to office. I stopped and moved him to the yard in the direction he was headed. Didn't think to take a pic.

Comment

had one under my porch. I planted a row garden near the porch with flowers and some vegetables. He visited the garden and ate Everything I planted in one day. Nice little guy found a new home in the country after that. And talk about biting turtles, spotted a HUGE Snapper in the road. Serious 50 lbs or more. I stopped to push it out of the traffic. It had a neck that could reach way out and snapped fiercely at me with a loud report from its jaws. It would turn and face me so could not even get behind it. I left it and hoped it would get its a@@ off the road without my help.

Comment

Box turtles live to be 50 years old and have home range of a 1 mile radius during their long lives. I always leave them alone. Once they are removed from an area, others aren’t recolonizing anytime soon.

Comment

I think the turtles are laying eggs now.

Comment

Working...
                                X